• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I think we have crossed the streams!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
For those who don't know the reference (shame on you! :D ), watch this first:

With AJ and Mike both here, the streams have crossed. Two prolific posters going at it.

Wonder if there is an explosion like end of Ghostbusters. Or that Evil will be captured.

I also like to have some betting going on as to who we think will come out alive.

Alternatively we could stone both of them in the public square to save them from killing each other first.

Open to other nasty suggestions for the two of them!

TBone

Major Contributor
let's hope neither conjures ...
Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
My main interest is the science in the emotional perception of quantum music.
If black holes contain the lost continents it might be a valid pursuit to go after them.

Meanwhile Ronnie Earl was playing earlier, now it's Frank Zappa.

MI0000755294.jpg

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is a mind bending concept but I have some affinity for it. The reason for it is that we can show that from a reference point of someone elsewhere moving at a different speed than us, they can see into our past and future. If they can do that, then the future needs to be preconceived. We can't rationalize that with our ability to make decisions that impact our future unless we allow for all possible futures to simultaneously exist and hence make that space observation valid.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Then if your theory is right Mike and AJ can both coexist harmoniously in the same streaming universe. :)

Don't need to be a scientist to measure the speed of travel between two fast moving objects in space.

• Here's a question: You have two fast objects travelling towards each other.
Their separating distance is 6,666,666 miles @ one point in space (both points of origin).
Object one is travelling @ 2,443 miles per hour.
Object two is travelling @ 8,226 miles per hour.
1a) How long would it take till they collide with each other?
1b) And @ what distance exactly will they meet, from their point of origin? ...Say from object #2.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Multiple Universes - I can go for that. Generally speaking, there usually isn't "just one" of anything.

Parallel, where there's an alternate of me... I don't go for that. It's "mathematically required" if there are infinite universes, but, as Michio Kaku says (paraphrased) "There are no infinities. To a mathematician, infinity is a really big number. To a physicist, it's an abomination."

TBone

Major Contributor
Luv watching Brian Greene (and his associates) documentaries on such matter ...

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Then if your theory is right Mike and AJ can both coexist harmoniously in the same streaming universe. :)

Don't need to be a scientist to measure the speed of travel between two fast moving objects in space.

• Here's a question: You have two fast objects travelling towards each other.
Their separating distance is 6,666,666 miles @ one point in space (both points of origin).
Object one is travelling @ 2,443 miles per hour.
Object two is travelling @ 8,226 miles per hour.
1a) How long would it take till they collide with each other?
1b) And @ what distance exactly will they meet, from their point of origin? ...Say from object #2.

The distance 2x 6,666,666m is being eaten at a rate of 10,669mph. Figure the time for 10,669 to travel 2x6,666,666m to get the rest of the answers.

Edit: not understanding your " Their separating distance is 6,666,666 miles @ one point in space (both points of origin)." if they are only 6,666,666m apart don't multiply the distance by 2.

Last edited:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
With AJ and Mike both here, the streams have crossed. Two prolific posters going at it.
Wonder if there is an explosion like end of Ghostbusters. Or that Evil will be captured.

I also like to have some betting going on as to who we think will come out alive.
Alternatively we could stone both of them in the public square to save them from killing each other first.
Open to other nasty suggestions for the two of them!

Here is a video that explains that notion. You can jump to 19:00 time if you want to see an explanation of how time works according to Einstein's theory relativity.

You started this thread, and sharing a quick equation, and asking us for our own guessing outcome.
With your second quote above you simply resolved the equation. I did jump to 19:00 after couple minutes, and let it roll for all the remaining time.
Very interesting, and makes us realize how important time is for each one of us, alive today, dead yesterday, and not even born yet tomorrow.
Furthermore, what we all do today together alive is influenced by all the past events since the non-beginning of the universe and affects everything tomorrow till the never ending universe eternity.

And Ray, regarding multiverse, yes I solidly believe that; a multi-dimensional universe comprised of several universe layers.
...A very complex geometric form encapsulating all other invisible geometric forms of time and space @ multi levels.
Twenty-five trillion years from now, we might find the clue of all those other universe layers, and with it other intelligence of space in our own future time...reality.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
The distance 2x 6,666,666m is being eaten at a rate of 10,669mph. Figure the time for 10,669 to travel 2x6,666,666m to get the rest of the answers.

Edit: not understanding your " Their separating distance is 6,666,666 miles @ one point in space (both points of origin)." if they are only 6,666,666m apart don't multiply the distance by 2.

Their distance prior to that separated distance of 6,666,666 miles was larger. I simply stopped both objects @ that distance for the 1b question.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I just googled this, word for word:

If two objects are separated by 6,666,666 miles and that they travel towards each other with one object travelling at 2,443 miles per hour and the other object travelling at 8,226 miles per hour, how long till they collide with each other?

I got zero entry.

* Our computers are so behind...or is it google? :D

Top Bottom