• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I think my Loxjie A30 just gave up

mattzildjian

Been using the Loxjie A30 pretty much daily as a PC Desktop amp since I got it in October of 2020. It has been rock solid, until today...
All of sudden I am getting severe crackling distortion in both speakers during low frequencies once I hit a certain volume on the amp (around 33). I have tried both USB and BT inputs with the same result. Nothing else in my setup has changed*. Unless anybody here can make any suggestions, I cannot locate any other cause than the Loxjie itself. The headphone amp remains clean, but the power amp is distorting.
:(

*I recieved and attached a second subwoofer today using a Y cable from the single subwoofer out, when setting up the subwoofer this is when I noticed the crackling. The first thing I did was to unplug the subwoofers from the loxjie SW output, the problem still remained. I think it is just coincidence that I have noticed the issue at the same time as adding the second sub.

OP
mattzildjian

mattzildjian

bump

Any ideas? it sounds like clipping distortion when I reach a certain output level. busted capacitor? Worth opening up to see?

Before I consider buying another A30, because I honestly love this little amp, are there any other recommendations in the same price range? A huge benefit for me would be something that has proper bass management with the subout via crossovers.

Hapo

...did you try another...???...I just ordered one after a few hours of reading stuff but now I am worried because China...

...I was looking to replace an Aiyama A07 with something that can properly connect a powered subwoofer and a TV as well as a computer...

Hapo

...I had an SMSL A300 and a Loxjie A30 side by side and sent the Loxjie back...

...the only advantage I can see with the Loxie (besides Amir's review) is if you need optical input...

...I guess having the power supply sepereate could be an advantage in some situations...

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Been using the Loxjie A30 pretty much daily as a PC Desktop amp since I got it in October of 2020. It has been rock solid, until today...
All of sudden I am getting severe crackling distortion in both speakers during low frequencies once I hit a certain volume on the amp (around 33). I have tried both USB and BT inputs with the same result. Nothing else in my setup has changed*. Unless anybody here can make any suggestions, I cannot locate any other cause than the Loxjie itself. The headphone amp remains clean, but the power amp is distorting.
:(

*I recieved and attached a second subwoofer today using a Y cable from the single subwoofer out, when setting up the subwoofer this is when I noticed the crackling. The first thing I did was to unplug the subwoofers from the loxjie SW output, the problem still remained. I think it is just coincidence that I have noticed the issue at the same time as adding the second sub.
The fact that this just happened when you added the second SW in - that sure seems to me that they might be related!

OP
mattzildjian

mattzildjian

The fact that this just happened when you added the second SW in - that sure seems to me that they might be related!
perhaps, though I can't make sense of it.

I got a replacement unit from Loxjie, they were kind enough to send me a replacement for £40 which I think is generous.

Connected the 2 subwoofers again in the same way on the new unit and have no issue this time...

Top Bottom