• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I think I’m done

OP
Eidie

Eidie

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I intend to try the correction you have been kind enough to share. I’m going to do so before I look at your reply to the following... When applied what do you think I’ll hear?

Not exactly sure what you'll hear. For sure it should make the response a bit more neutral while retaining the bass hump, which actually is something most people like anyway. I didn't fix the 20 kHz peak. It's only on-axis, and you probably won't notice anyway. In any case, it will be a bit less bright.. possibly too much so. The lower midrange is boosted a bit, possibly will give a bit more bass detail. Getting rid of the 1 kHz peak might clear up female voices a bit.

... but who knows... It might be total shit ;) Best to get a mic and do your own measurements.

OP
Eidie

Eidie

Not exactly sure what you'll hear. For sure it should make the response a bit more neutral while retaining the bass hump, which actually is something most people like anyway. I didn't fix the 20 kHz peak. It's only on-axis, and you probably won't notice anyway. In any case, it will be a bit less bright.. possibly too much so. The lower midrange is boosted a bit, possibly will give a bit more bass detail. Getting rid of the 1 kHz peak might clear up female voices a bit.

... but who knows... It might be total shit ;) Best to get a mic and do your own measurements.
I couldn’t help myself. Read before the correction was applied. I will get a mike though.

Currently they still sound wonderful to me. But I will experiment, and share. Thank you!

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
3x5" woofers is not much more than a single 8" though.. but as for everything, there's a place for thin waf-design speakers too.

Only 16% more. But the three voicecoils will absorb a lot more power than just one.

Last edited:

Bear123

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Great news is, although you are currently very satisfied, if you are running 2.0, there is still room for drastic improvement in sound quality once you have a system capable of high fidelity(bass management and subs)

katosh

Today my system is complete:

RME ADI-2 DAC
March audio P451 (x2)
Acoustic Energy AE520

Ha Ha Ha!

I have asked Acoustic Energy to send in a sample for testing. I really hope they do. I’d send mine but shipping from Australia...Nah.

I’m ecstatic.

This system does all I have ever hoped for, and hopefully ever will. My end game.

And yes

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/why-arent-there-female-audiophiles.23325/

there are.
Hello!
how do you think, it’s good (AE520) for 52 m2 room?

Chill4

Thank you q3cpma! I appreciate your honesty. The R7s were my first choice but was not an option as the dealer I use don’t stock them (the tale is complicated and, frankly, boring). Whilst the AE520s may have a mediocre FR they’re still the best speakers I’ve ever owned. They do me.
Hi I am also an Aussie but in QLD, had the opportunity to audition AE 520 and they are very good, and in my view significantly more ” musical that the Kef F7 don’t worry about the few that think it’s all measurement there is allwa the X factor with speakers and AE520:have that

Top Bottom