• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"I Swapped Spotify for Vinyl and It Changed My Life"

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What on earth where you doing with this kinda power? :D
Since you asked:
They are just flat discs with a hole in the middle. I had to use different screws for my purposes:
  • Pack of 4 Neodymium Cup Magnet with Countersunk Hole 100 LBS Pull Force Industrial Strength Round Base Rare Earth Magnets, 1.26''D x 0.2"H, Screws Included (4)
Roll over image to zoom in

Pack of 4 Neodymium Cup Magnet with Countersunk Hole 100 LBS Pull Force Industrial Strength Round Base Rare Earth Magnets, 1.26''D x 0.2"H, Screws Included (4)​

$9.99 ($2.50$2.50 / Item)

Number of Items: 4
MaterialAlloy Steel, Ceramic
BrandVNDUEEY
ShapeRound
Pull Force100 Pounds

About this item​

• 【VERY DURABLE】: These magnets will not break in normal use since the magnets are protected inside the steel cups which greatly increases the longevity of the magnets.
  • 【STRONG】1.26 inch D x 0.2 inch H, Made of strong neodymium magnet, Includes 4 Neodymium Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Discs with an incredible Grade N35 Magnetic Energy, stronger than others, and a whopping 10x Stronger than the strongest ceramic magnet.
  • 【POWERFUL】Applied Magnets Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets have an estimated pull force of 100 lbs. and are triple layer coated (nickel-copper-nickel) for maximum durability and protection against corrosion.
  • 【USEFUL】Use your rare earth magnet for just about anything, including finding studs in your wall, fastening, lifting, hanging objects, various projects & presentations, education, & more. NASA even uses them on Mars Exploration Rovers!

Product Specifications​

Ean0780744033884
Item ShapeRound
MaterialCeramic , Alloy Steel
Number of Items4
Part Number4
Pull Force100.0 pounds
UNSPSC Code20120000
UPC780744033884
I used the hole in the middle to screw them onto the VISA mount holes. The steel walls on the ship had a very slick TEFLON-like coating, so, even though the TV was not that heavy, it needed that kind of power to hold it in place during the ship's movements in storms (we drove through a hundred + MPH typhoon [there were 3 in the area, we chose to go through the lesser one]), docking operations, etc.
Shortly after I put the TV (I used it as a monitor for my laptop, which could play CD's [I had a set of wireless Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 wireless computer speakers for sound], DVD's & Blu Ray's {a 2011 Dell Studio XPS 16 that I have constantly modded & is my laptop today}], the female Captain came in for a room inspection & stated "Did you put holes in my wall?" As I grabbed the TV & slid it up and down the wall, I said "No ma'am, I put it on magnets." She was satisfied with that & that was both the beginning and end of that room inspection.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, you too? i don’t remember the exact model, but my 5 disc Sony was probably the worst piece of mechanical or electronic junk I ever owned! I ended up replacing it with a cheap Sanyo(!) that was better. Lol.
I never had any mechanical issues with it (other than the fact that it's movement noise when changing a disk was only exceeded by the vacuum cleaner). Because of this fact I probably didn't use it enough for it to fail in other ways.
It did cause me to buy a LOT more LP's, as I gave up on CD's for more than several years.

Top Bottom