• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

I suggest the jazz thread in the music section gets pinned.

Wombat

Major Contributor
If a moderator expresses your sentiments I will respect them. At this point the indications I have gotten from Amir are that the Jazz forum is to be pinned and I should post to it. I’ve not seen such from a mod as would condone your point of view, or even sympathize with it. If you don’t like the Jazz thread just skip over it!
Moderators are not infallible even though the rules(often unwritten) make them seem so.

Wombat

Major Contributor
I guess we could pin a Proto-punk music thread or the hundreds or thousands of other world-wide genres.

For example, this one:

The Sophisticants

Thomas savage

Retired Sheriff
The Watchman
Patreon Donor
I like the mixed music thread as the diversity brings value imo I’m not a huge fan of segregated music threads in terms of posting music we love and are listening to but in terms of wanting to discuss genre specific topics I guess threads like the Jazz one serves a function. The ASR policy on music is ‘yes please, share away’.

@Wombat hey my ol mate you seem to of taken on a roll that’s not really required of you, running about the place being grumpy and protesting like you are here just seems bad form and is spectacularly unhelpful. People enjoy open discussion, thought based exchanges and the like , if it’s not your thing don’t participate. Picking fights with people over nothing like you have here dose not serve anyone so cut it out.

Wombat

Major Contributor
Point taken.
zu54915042_main_tm1524255419 2.jpg

@StevenEleven . You are new here and obviously not familiar with my tendency toward directness and conciseness re my posts. I apologise if it caused personal discomfort over a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom