• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I say Neil Young ought to be deaf by now:

Robin L

Master Contributor

cjm2077

Still pissed off about Pono. He bet on the wrong thing at the wrong time. A high-def music player right when phone memory got big enough that people ditched music players and just used their phone. Convenience has always beaten out quality, and considering the environments where most people are using their phone or portable music player, the noise is so high that even cd quality is overkill. Gym, subway, walking around in public, in an office, etc.

Blur

Forum Donor
Is he outputting the new MacBook Pro's sound to a Fischer-Price amp called the Pono player. Guess we know not to buy that product!

Blur

Forum Donor
I've always had really good experiences with Mac listening especially outputting to a decent amp.

Last edited:

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Neil Young doesn't know what he's talking about. While I don't like Apple products, I would wager the audio output of a MacBook Pro is rather high up the scale.

Alex-D

I stopped listening to the podcast when he said he can hear up to 192kHz

Fluffy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reminds me of an interview I saw with Steve Vai the other day. That guy is so disconnected from reality, that after a long ramble about analog gear, he actually said "Who knows? Maybe one day digital will be good enough so people will ditch their turntables". That interview was shot this year.

Top Bottom