• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I now know what to send my fellow ASRers for Christmas.

Krunok

Major Contributor
The only Alfa I have driven is in car racing video games. I always lost so now I know why :p

Alfa actually drives and handles quite well, but reliability has always been a huge problem.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Alfa actually drives and handles quite well, but reliability has always been a huge problem.

Resale value is usually a good indicator of ownership risk.

Krunok

Major Contributor
Much overrated.
I used to buy new cars approx every 10 years, since 1972 2 new Chevy's and 2 new Dodge Rams, none of which have ever needed anything beside basic maintenance items like brakes, tires, etc during my ownership. My current 2006 Ram got one set of tires in 13 years, that's it. My dad was a Ford guy, he had the same experiences as mine..
I worked at auto dealerships for around 25 years. my experience as a mechanic and service manager was about on par with my friends who worked for imports.

I agree. We have 2 Volvos, only basic maintenance in 8 years. They are built to last and to protect you. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You can kick it's ass with a supercharged V8 in a 402m drag race but on a track you wouldn't even seen it after it passes you
You don't seem at all in touch with the facts

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to buy new cars approx every 10 years, since 1972 2 new Chevy's and 2 new Dodge Rams, none of which have ever needed anything beside basic maintenance items like brakes, tires, etc during my ownership. My current 2006 Ram got one set of tires in 13 years, that's it. My dad was a Ford guy, he had the same experiences as mine..

Totally true, but American cars and American trucks are completely different categories.

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Until American manufacturers can be arsed to export to RHD countries, something virtually all other LHD based companies manage to do, I guess I won’t be able to compare. So I’ll stick with my ‘Beetle’ thanks!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who is Russ Andrews and why should I care about his thoughts on power?

Why indeed! A purveyor of Foo but with a fancy catalogue. In a more enlightened age, he would have been horse-whipped on the steps of his club for his effrontery, but in these kinder, more understanding days, he's just an object of fun amongst those of us better informed.

S.

Top Bottom