• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need your help please: High Frequency noise on Burson Conductor

domiji

Hello Audio Friends,

today i received my new Burson Conductor 3 XP and i am totally disapointed because i got a very heavy high frequency noise when i plug my headphones in.
It sounds like a tone from those cheap switching power supplies.

The Burson Conductor uses such an AC/DC adapter and then regenerates the signal inside the unit.

It is so disturbing that i can't listen to a single song.

Has someone a idead what it could be? I already changed the fuse and the OP-Amps but nothing changes.
Maybe i should try another AC/DC adapter?

Thanks for your help
Dominik

Tks

Major Contributor
Tried calling the company? May be defective or something.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be possible to fully isolate this from everything else by sending it a Bluetooth signal and listening over phones. If you are getting the high pitched noise that way, then it must be coming from the Burson. Contact them.

If it is coming from elsewhere, depends upon what else you have connected and how and whether maybe the other device uses a switched supply.

Oh, one other possibility, is it right next to other gear with a CPU in it, like a computer or such. Maybe moving it a few feet away it will not pick up the noise if it is coming in over the air.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Audio Friends,

today i received my new Burson Conductor 3 XP and i am totally disapointed because i got a very heavy high frequency noise when i plug my headphones in.

The Burson Conductor uses such an AC/DC adapter and then regenerates the signal inside the unit.

Has someone a idead what it could be? I already changed the fuse and the OP-Amps but nothing changes.

Thanks for your help
Dominik

I had a noise that (maybe) similar on my rig once. Take the burson to another room with an empty wall socket- plug in without a source connected- same noise? Then plug a source (PC via USB?) into the Burson but without the source charger plugged in. Any noise before playing music? After playing music?

Then add the PC charger into the mix by plugging into wall. Repeat . Noise?

If you only get the noise when you introduce the PC charger into the mix, you know what the problem is. That is what I tracked it down to- YMMV.

If you get the noise from only the Burson with no source connected- either faulty device or somehow picking up some odd frequencies from something in/ near house. Does the noise apply to both single ended and balanced HP connections?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hello Audio Friends,

Thanks for your help
Dominik

which headphones we are talking about?

OP
domiji

domiji

Hello and thanks for all your help,

the noise comes even when nothing is connected to the Conductor (no USB etc.).

I return it to the seller (eBay) and hope i will get my money back.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello and thanks for all your help,

the noise comes even when nothing is connected to the Conductor (no USB etc.).

I return it to the seller (eBay) and hope i will get my money back.
Wise. Fingers crossed .

Sam Spade

Bursons service is really excellent but if its 2nd hand im not sure what your warranty status would be.

MartinDL

Did you figure this out? I had a problem with very random static noise and it turned out it was blimming mobile phone that caused it. Interference. Turning on airplay mode (or moving it away from the Burson) fixed it.

Top Bottom