• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need some help choosing a amplifier.

GenghisKhon

Hello, thank you for going on my post. I need some help choosing an amplifier. There are a lot of conflicting sources on this topic so I came here to get some help. I have a DT880 and around 200 dollars to spend on an amplifier. Since there is no way to get balanced audio on the DT 880 without a mod, I would prefer that the amp has a good single ended output. I don't plan to upgrade for a year or two, so a balanced output would be nice but not essential. Send me your favorites in the comments please.

Zek

Major Contributor
You ask for a headphone amplifier?;)

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello, thank you for going on my post. I need some help choosing an amplifier. There are a lot of conflicting sources on this topic so I came here to get some help. I have a DT880 and around 200 dollars to spend on an amplifier. Since there is no way to get balanced audio on the DT 880 without a mod, I would prefer that the amp has a good single ended output. I don't plan to upgrade for a year or two, so a balanced output would be nice but not essential. Send me your favorites in the comments please.
Portable/desktop/full size?

OP
G

GenghisKhon

Umm, I don't think portable is what I am looking for. I would say that either full size or desktop would be the best option for me.

OP
G

GenghisKhon

Yes, just RCA for the most part. Like I said in the post, I would like balanced, but it is not a priority. So I will look into those.

OP
G

GenghisKhon

I have looked into those, I don't think that I am going to get them due to the fact that I don't think that I should get tubes for my first amplifier. I just looked at the Topping L30 that AnalogSteph recommended. They look too good to be true!

Top Bottom