• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need some advice, JBL DD66000,Beolab 50 or KEF Blade One Meta?

45hz is anechoic - this means the speaker is flying in the air with no boundaries nearby.
29hz (-6dB) half space means the speaker is standing on the ground with no further boundaries - like Outside on a field.
in a room, unless youre living in a giant hall, there will be at least one Wall near enough to provide further bass enhancement.
My mothers partner has a pair of DD66000 in his living room, they easily reach down into the lower twenties.

The DD66000 has around 250 Liters net volume, the tuning frequency is afaik ~30hz.
WinISD, which assumes half space conditions predicts what JBL provides as specification (29hz -6dB)
The 1501AL woofer has a superb motor structure. They can move +-12mm without loosing significantly BL, thanks to the underhung voice coil. Just look at the klippel measurements on lansing heritage Page you linked.

Last edited:

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Interesting discussion guys - learning lots reading this.

One question for OP, do you use a projector/screen for your HT? Will speakers be behind a screen?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

One question for OP, do you use a projector/screen for your HT? Will speakers be behind a screen?
He said he will use a TV

OP
D

dickman

I would prefer an excellent TV as a device for playing videos
If audiophiles are willing to spend a lot of budget on a set with very good sound quality, then by the same logic spend the same amount of money on the best picture quality, I do
Even though the projections are large enough, none of them have anywhere near the brightness and contrast of a TV.

Actungz

I would prefer an excellent TV as a device for playing videos
If audiophiles are willing to spend a lot of budget on a set with very good sound quality, then by the same logic spend the same amount of money on the best picture quality, I do
Even though the projections are large enough, none of them have anywhere near the brightness and contrast of a TV.
What TV did you get? I recently got a 65’ A80J OLED and the picture quality is honestly amazing.

If you want bigger the best tv greater than 65’, l think the LG G2 is the best option on the market right now.

OP
D

dickman

What TV did you get? I recently got a 65’ A80J OLED and the picture quality is honestly amazing.

If you want bigger the best tv greater than 65’, l think the LG G2 is the best option on the market right now.
I am currently planning to purchase a Sony 100Z9D (ZD9), which according to HDTVtest's review, the 100" Z9D can provide a super high peak brightness of nearly 3000 nits and a minimum brightness of 0.004 nits, and is claimed to have 7525 backlight zones to provide near OLED light control performance, which is basically a super bright OLED TV
I'm also looking at the 97" OLED TV that LG is going to release, both are close in price, LG is newer, but the grey scale loss and brightness ABL limitations of the OLED result in some scenes where the picture quality is not as good as the Z9D.

winsmyton

Subjective feelings are still important; I wonder how large a room that pair of awful-sounding DD66000s are located within? That might serve as a reference for me.
Everest, I am also considering a second-hand deal; both blade and lab50 can be bought brand new for roughly the same price; I don't know if the actual price in other countries is the same as in China, where the actual transaction price is much lower than the merchant's pricing, used Everest, brand new blade and lab50 can both be purchased for around $25,000.
Hello, I’m also in the market looking for blade one meta, which dealer offers $25000 a pair? My dealer want $35000 and 6 months waiting… thanks!

Top Bottom