• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I Need Help

Segomil

Hi,

I do not know if i am at the right place but i need help.
Since the last 2 years I have to endure my neighbors & their loud music (& their scream)
As example this night (the 29) they took their car as music system with a lot of basses & they also used a microphones to play karaoke stuff & they returned to their car audio system until 3 am.
And it will be like this until sunday evening ... from tursday to sunday they act like this for the last 2 years. My house is on sale because of that since the last years !
The Court in this time of Covid could be difficult.
***So, what i want to do is to buy a little audio system enough powerfull & compact (not to play music) but just to do a big audio boom that will wake them up at night !
**I know it's not ok, but what they do to me is worst** beileve me !
I have no other alternative, i'm tired & i can't do my job properly !
**Which little Audio system can do that & can do a boom enough powerfull to wake them up ** ?
I'm serious because i work at home & i fear that this will affect my work soon ...so, it's not a joke !
Their house is 200' feet from mine.
I will buy a used one !
You can delete my post (i will understand) , it's not a problem i will go elsewhere !
I am very tired !
Thank you all
Daniel

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry to hear about your noisy neighbor problem. Counter-attacking with the audio system you want to buy is highly NOT advisable. If the noisy neighbors document it on their cell phones, you may lose any grounds for police complaint or lawsuit. Also, you would be unable to work both while they play loud music as well as when you play music that will be even louder to your ears. Don't allow your desperation to drive you into a war with the noisy neighbors, it will wind up destroying your life, regardless of whether you or they win. Seems like they have a lot more free time on their hands than you do.

There may be noise ordinances in your city or town that apply. Calls to the police usually work; if the police agree that the noise level ("disturbing the peace") is too high, they will warn the neighbors to turn it down, and escalate the police pressure on them if they are called back by you on further nights, including citing them for ordinance violation without you needing to file a lawsuit. Also, you are unlikely to be the only one affected by the noisy neighbors. You should coordinate with other affected neighbors, it will carry more weight with complaints filed with the police when a bunch of homes in the neighborhood complain. Also, brainstorming and pooling resources with other affected neighbors will give you all more strength, resources and numbers to combat the noisy behavior.

In the meantime, as an interim solution, you may look into noise-blocking earplugs. I find earplugs highly useful to block out things like home construction sounds and loud traffic noises, while I telework at home. Honeywell Howard Leight Max earplugs that I buy from Amazon have worked well for me, but there are probably other good brands that you can try too, including ones with higher NRR. The Howard Leight Max's have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 33dB, and their mean attenuation is actually 40-47 dB through most of the audible frequency range. They are used in many noisy industrial buildings, which is where I first came across them (lots in a bucket on a wall next to each entry door into the building). They will almost certainly greatly diminish the noisy music from your neighbors to levels you can tolerate while working and even sleeping. They are available in boxes of 100 pairs, individual pairs sealed in plastic for hygiene, for a reasonable price. They are meant to be discarded after a single use, but I often use the same pair for days, until they lose their springiness from sweat and ear wax. The Howard Leight's are also available in a slightly smaller size (I forget the name of the model) for smaller ear canals, when the regular size causes too much discomfort.

And yes, this ASR website is probably not the best place to post your request for this sort of audio gear help. You are probably better off posting for help on some other forums, and also on any community forums specific to your city or town.

Hi,

I do not know if i am at the right place but i need help.
Since the last 2 years I have to endure my neighbors & their loud music (& their scream)
As example this night (the 29) they took their car as music system with a lot of basses & they also used a microphones to play karaoke stuff & they returned to their car audio system until 3 am.
And it will be like this until sunday evening ... from tursday to sunday they act like this for the last 2 years. My house is on sale because of that since the last years !
The Court in this time of Covid could be difficult.
***So, what i want to do is to buy a little audio system enough powerfull & compact (not to play music) but just to do a big audio boom that will wake them up at night !
**I know it's not ok, but what they do to me is worst** beileve me !
I have no other alternative, i'm tired & i can't do my job properly !
**Which little Audio system can do that & can do a boom enough powerfull to wake them up ** ?
I'm serious because i work at home & i fear that this will affect my work soon ...so, it's not a joke !
Their house is 200' feet from mine.
I will buy a used one !
You can delete my post (i will understand) , it's not a problem i will go elsewhere !
I am very tired !
Thank you all
Daniel

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Call the police. Read @JustAnandaDourEyedDude 's post.

Do NOT try to counterattack; that could quickly escalate in numerous (bad) ways and you'd likely lose in the end anyway. A small boombox would probably not be anywhere near enough at 200', and if you spent enough for a loud enough system, then you'd probably get cited along with your neighbor.

Top Bottom