• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need help for select my next stereo amplifier

D

Deleted member 48726

@restorer-john off topic but what do you think about those L and C series Dynacords? They seam very decently made to me, I have to check real software (DSP) capabilities and price isn't bad either.
Looks quite decent.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Looks quite decent.

Well components and build quality are good, performance ain't bad but isn't superb either (THD of 0.012 @ 1W 8 Ohms - close to 80 dB). Let's say it's fine even at lo output level. Had some hum propagation from main on long term hi sustainable 220 W @8 Ohms at 100 Hz, protection is good and it have some interesting abilities (like showing actual speakers impedance as they play, even unique to my knowledge). It's EU only regarding power design. To bad they didn't do full measurements.
For the price it's still rather good. To bad Dynacord didn't use better performing ADC as performance would be better but we see this a lot in AVR's. Presumably other higher L series models have stronger power transforms and V as power transistors are way more capable. I have mixed feelings but for the price and DSP capabilities while being able to say it will work very long and happy I doubt I will find better.
Thanks for that review PDF!

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Separate amplifiers are a "specialty item" and a receiver (stereo or AVR) usually gives you more "bang-per-buck".
I completely disagree. Receivers inevitably have strong and weak elements; separates, especially today, allow selecting each element of the chain to be superb.

My entire streamer-DAC/preamp-power amp system cost me less than $3,000 and every component is excellent. No way a receiver could get me here.

Last edited:
OP
K

keremngy

I completely disagree. Receivers inevitably have strong and weak elements; separates, especially today, allow selecting each element of the chain to be superb.

My entire streamer-DAC/preamp-power amp system cost me less than $3,000 and every component is excellent. No way a receiver could get me here.
Hi there what is ur dac and power ?

amper42

Major Contributor
RME ADI-2 DAC FS and a Hypex NCx500 amp would be my choice along with your favorite speakers.
OR
Balanced MiniDSP Flex and a Hypex NCx500 amp if you desire Dirac.

Top Bottom