• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need earpads for Beyerdynamic BT-250

Oluv's Buddy

I recently tried a Beyerdynamic DT-250 and I liked it. The only problem is that it was tight on my head and the earpads felt so thin that it felt as though I could actually feel the case itself on against the backs of my ears and my temple. I'm sure the inner part of earpads touched my ears.

I need some earpads that are thick enough to push the drivers further from my ears and the outer part should be broad enough to even out the pressure.

From my searches it seems that the Sony MDR-V6/7506 and some other headphone called HM5 are compatible with the DT-250. I don't want something that will change the sound signature too much, just something which will place the drivers a few mm back and whose pads will be less hard on my ear.

I feel that the Beyerdynamics DT-770 places the drivers further back and that is why I felt more comfortable with them but I just didn't like the sound signature. The HD599 also has that quality.

Any recommendations?

Is there an earpad thread somewhere in this forum?

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Head-Fi.
Might try also searching for DT-280 & DT-290 ear pads, might show more options.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
On ebay there's some resellers overseas that sell OEM pads for that and others. You might be able to sell from the photos if the generics look deeper than the stock ones. Aliexpress would have some too, but I've never gotten anything I ordered from those places on Aliexpress. I got a pair from a place there for my MMX300 and it was plush and thicker than stock, think they cost like $11 too.

Top Bottom