• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need an amp/dac recommendation

paolomo

Forum Donor
Do I just give up and stump up for the RME ADI-2 DAC?
I owned the ADI-2 DAC for a little under month and boy that was a remarkable device. I retuned it, but not for reasons related to quality or functionality. Navigating the menus and saving presets needs a little bit of learning, but that is normal in my opinion. The bigger problem is that once you get one... you may want two :D

OP
phrwn

phrwn

I owned the ADI-2 DAC for a little under month and boy that was a remarkable device. I retuned it, but not for reasons related to quality or functionality. Navigating the menus and saving presets needs a little bit of learning, but that is normal in my opinion. The bigger problem is that once you get one... you may want two :D
It seems to be the closest potential regret-free upgraditis cure out of the many options.

EDIT: Just ordered the JDS Element 2 to see if that'll do the job, so no screen, but the preference for that was because it was better than colored LED's. Neither is fine. I don't need most of the features of the RME so if the Element sounds good I guess that'll do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom