• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I Need a new Headphone Amp, help me decide please

kiyu

Dear All,

I am looking for a new headphone amp.

I am familiar with L30 and L50 I was happy with L50, but my pet (cat) didn't like it where it was and throw it away so now is broken and I need a new amp.

Headphones I own
2) IEM ( easy to drive)
Zeus I think is around 80, 100 ohms super easy to drive
Hifiman edition XS , planar but 18 ohms also easy to drive.
Sennheiser 58x around 150 ohms

Headphone amp option:

1) L30 mk2 SE, but I guess this one can handle all on the list and more, and its cost is amazing only.. 126 USD
2) new L70 balance.. but apart from balance would I get any other benefit compared with L30? 350 USD
3) maybe a discrete one+ class A, singxer Sa1 , balance and discrete but.. the same question as before.. would I get any real difference vs L30 vs l70? 509 USD

126 vs 350 vs 509.. in money is a HUGE difference.

I guess the smart option will be option 1, but I might want someone to convince me to get option 2 or 3 lol ..

thanks!

Last edited:
OP
K

kiyu

Sabaj A10h which is essentially an L30 clone with relay volume and preamp is $76 on amazon US right now. I would say that is a steal.
balanced output and 4.4mm for 120 usd, we might find a winner!
thanks for the post I forgot about Sabaj.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Topping A30 Pro, a SE power beast with internal power supply, RCA & XLR inputs and a ground lift switch preventing ground loops if you use the RCA input.

okok

L50 is not bad, maybe you should wait, no trigger

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you have a cat with a propensity for knocking amplifiers over, go with the Drop THX 789, or One edition. They sound terrific and flat as a pancake. Also they don't get really warm like the A30Pro, which your cat will take ownership of when they discover how warm it gets.

OP
K

kiyu

If you have a cat with a propensity for knocking amplifiers over, go with the Drop THX 789, or One edition. They sound terrific and flat as a pancake. Also they don't get really warm like the A30Pro, which your cat will take ownership of when they discover how warm it gets.
I bought the SAbaj A20H balance, all the outputs needed and for only 130$ usd..
I should get it next Monday.

Synrgy87

reloacted my A30pro to the top of my PC which has top exhaust fans so now the A30pro stays nice and cool just adding that little bit of airflow helps a lot.

Top Bottom