• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I may not pass a Blind test.

• Thread starter Deleted member 28849
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Looking at the room, I have a couple of questions. How did you actually do the switching with a person. Where was the person switching? Did everyone leave the room while a switch was changed? Did anyone talk to the switcher during the testing phase? For a 10/10 I would say something was seriously wrong. You would be the 1 in a billion who could hear a difference. No one has ever done it before. But with a lot more info I would not have any idea of how blind the tests were. It is interesting..........I just don't know enough to see if there was any problem with the testing. Something is amiss.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
We would have done an aiyima a07 and lepai 2020ti amp too, but their protection circuits didn't like something. Need to figure that out. There was about a 12v potential difference between those two amps and the Marantz/crown and the sleeve of the rca would cause the aiyima/lepai to go instantly to protect mode when connected.

They are likely a bridge output, whereas the Crown and the Marantz are not. Most comparators cannot switch bridged amplifiers as they share a common ground and only switch the actives (+).

Check to see whether the ABX switcher has 4PDT relays and switches the cold (-) for each amplifier. I know the early AVA ABX units did not switch bridge tied load amps, whereas he upgraded the later models to do so.

OP
D

Deleted member 28849

Please explain exactly what the point/objective/intentions is/are for this thread?

Huh? Impulse, this is a happening place!

Let's see, I've been a member of:
1. Audio Review
2. Audio Karma
3. Audioasylum
4. Audiocircle
5. AudioMart
6. ASR

Why do other members post? Why do people post jokes?
Like I feel like I've been called in HR at work and have to explain why I pulled a women's ponytail.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Huh? Impulse, this is a happening place!

Let's see, I've been a member of:
1. Audio Review
2. Audio Karma
3. Audioasylum
4. Audiocircle
5. AudioMart
6. ASR

Why do other members post? Why do people post jokes?
Like I feel like I've been called in HR at work and have to explain why I pulled a women's ponytail.
Well because this is a contentious issue and there is a separate thread going about a blind test challenge. So, this thread comes off as your trolling the members and your answer gives me reasons to agree. If you are intentionally trolling this Forum your stay will be brief. If I am mistaken send me a pm and convince me why.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom