• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No more ASR Discord - Stop asking.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Would be cool to have a telegram chat. Discord sucks.
won-revolution.jpg

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
B

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Whataboutism is for excusing egregiously bad behavior. A politician lies and lies and lies about almost everything, big and small, and when confronted, he points to how his opponent once exaggerated an accomplishment. But selling data isn't unusual. Selling data is the norm. I get a "free" service, and in exchange, I know my data will be sold. I can pay for Slack if I want, or set up my own IRC server.

If I'm going 70 MPH in a 65 MPH zone and the cop pulls me over for speeding, and then I point out that actually traffic was moving at 75 MPH and one guy just zoomed by at 90 MPH so what about them, it's not whataboutism. It's a legitimate argument of unfair application of a criticism.

I'd say you're engaging in the name-a-fallacy fallacy, where a person doesn't understand the argument or the fallacy they accuse the other of using.

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Whataboutism is for excusing egregiously bad behavior. A politician lies and lies and lies about almost everything, big and small, and when confronted, he points to how his opponent once exaggerated an accomplishment. But selling data isn't unusual. Selling data is the norm. I get a "free" service, and in exchange, I know my data will be sold. I can pay for Slack if I want, or set up my own IRC server.

If I'm going 70 MPH in a 65 MPH zone and the cop pulls me over for speeding, and then I point out that actually traffic was moving at 75 MPH and one guy just zoomed by at 90 MPH so what about them, it's not whataboutism. It's a legitimate argument of unfair application of a criticism.

I'd say you're engaging in the name-a-fallacy fallacy, where a person doesn't understand the argument or the fallacy they accuse the other of using.
I'm sorry but Discord is straight up owned by the Ccp and they use very advanced data mining tools to spy on people around the world on behalf of the Chinese government.
This is not the same as some other services.
Telegram on the other hand doesn't sell your data nor provide it to governments.
The service was provided for free for years out of the very deep pockets of the creators. Right now it is sustained by all of us who have premium accounts or buy skins or do ads through partner channels.
Premium let's you have access to extra APIs and have huge file sizes so for people like me with integrated businesses it's a cheap add on.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm sorry but Discord is straight up owned by the Ccp and they use very advanced data mining tools to spy on people around the world

Not again!

b083fe96fac2183102341d.jpg

Blockader

Can you share please? This fabulous website really deserve a livechat!!!
Discord, Telegram, IRC, Matrix, XMPP I will join!
Sounds great! Our group is for people who wants to talk about speaker tech, measurements, in room measurements of their speakers, psychoacoustics etc. I am willing to expand the community but I do not have much time nowadays. You are more than welcome to join however I have to know your discord tag & name so that I can send you an invite. You can pm that to me.

Top Bottom