• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I keep getting locked out from posting

Old Listener

When I use the forum, I see a banner saying that the forum s/w can't send emails to my email address. Then I am not able to post anything. The message at the end of a thread says that I have insufficient privileges.

I can go to my account and change my email address and successfully reply to the confirmation email. The things are normal until the next day when I'm locked out again.

I've tried to use two addresses on my astound.net email server. Both receive emails every day. The confirmation process works with either address but only for a day.
hours.

Notifying me that you can't send emails to my address is fine. Locking me out is really stupid. How about fixing this bug or really stupid decision?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
When I use the forum, I see a banner saying that the forum s/w can't send emails to my email address. Then I am not able to post anything. The message at the end of a thread says that I have insufficient privileges.

I can go to my account and change my email address and successfully reply to the confirmation email. The things are normal until the next day when I'm locked out again.

I've tried to use two addresses on my astound.net email server. Both receive emails every day. The confirmation process works with either address but only for a day.
hours.

Notifying me that you can't send emails to my address is fine. Locking me out is really stupid. How about fixing this bug or really stupid decision?
I’m sorry your having this issue mate, must be frustrating..,
@amirm ?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you have your account set up to send a lot of emails? I'm sure this is configurable, maybe try turning email notification of and see if you stop getting locked out as a trial.

OP
Old Listener

Old Listener

Do you have your account set up to send a lot of emails? I'm sure this is configurable, maybe try turning email notification of and see if you stop getting locked out as a trial.

Today, I turned off all email notifications that I could find once I was able to get in again briefly.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That is my doing. :) Your email address on file was getting bounced and the new email provider we are using penalizes us (to point of suspending our account) if we don't deal with bounced emails. So I had to change your email preferences to stop sending you subscription emails. The other bits are strange. Let me look into that.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Everything seems OK. But the email address seems to me the one that was bouncing. So please check and double check that it is a valid email or put in an alternate one. Your email server was complaining that our emails were "spam" and that will cause issues for us.

Top Bottom