• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I just stumbled upon an interesting hifi innards site

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It's a trifle random and chaotic (but, then again, so am I), but it has lots of photos of the outside and the inside of various & sundry pieces of hifi equipment, old(er) and new(er). I love this kind of stuff, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you, as well.
My apologies if 1) this is old news and/or 2) if the site is haunted by any nasty viruses or gremlins (it doesn't appear to be...).

https://hifi-inside.com/

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Pretty neat site. Lots of good photos. 40,000+ photos. I enjoyed looking back at a few things I'd owned in years past. Lots of focus on esoteric brands.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Last edited:
OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Man! That website design/designer needs some Xanax or something! ;)
EDIT: After perusal, I must acknowledge that it is an excellent resource! Thanks for sharing that link!

This is my favouite. Ciunas must have taught him, or vice versa.

https://hifi-inside.com/hifi-ht/47-lab/source/dac

It seems the Japanese site HiFi Shock contributed (or had stolen) most of these images.
It's even more convoluted than that -- I nosed around the site a little bit before I posted this thread... and saw a couple of my own images of the guts of Yamaha tuners (CT-1010 and CT-610II). The latter certainly deserves to be memorialized -- for, to quote Gertrude Stein, there's no 'there' there. ;)

CT610II by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Last edited:
OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
oh -- for the record -- what started all this was my own realization, yesterday, that I have a completely irrational, unintentional, and indefensible collection of... AM, FM, and AM/FM tuners. Not talkin' receivers or radios, just... tuners.
I mentioned this on another forum and someone mock "offered"* me an hk TU915 TU920.
I looked up the TU920 to see exactly which tuner model it was. Turned out it was (at least cosmetically) the model I thought it was (that's not really a tautology, it just reads like one! :) ), but I saw a picture of what is at least reputed to be the innards of one, and I was shocked. Shocked.
1617021377701.png

purported hk TU920 innards.jpg

heh, that image those images appear to have been "borrowed" at least twice. :rolleyes:
Not quite sure what's up with the frequency display in the top photo -- must be that "Active Tracking" thing advertised on its front panel! ;)

dfuller

Major Contributor
The speaker teardowns are the most interesting part to me.

The good (braced, thick walled cabinetry with plenty of damping)...
solo6-be-1-focal.jpg

And the not-so-good (thin walls, unbraced...).
a7x-1-adam-audio.jpg

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It's a trifle random and chaotic (but, then again, so am I), but it has lots of photos of the outside and the inside of various & sundry pieces of hifi equipment, old(er) and new(er). I love this kind of stuff, and I thought it might be of interest to some of you, as well.
My apologies if 1) this is old news and/or 2) if the site is haunted by any nasty viruses or gremlins (it doesn't appear to be...).

https://hifi-inside.com/
He has copied other people's pictures onto his own site. I am not a fan of that. The images should be linked to where they came from so you could read more, and make sure you are looking at the right things.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom