• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I have everything but an amp for my 2.1 nearfield desktop setup...

koopie

Anyone willing to provide an amp recommendation for my 2.1 nearfield desktop PC setup for music? Unfortunately, I'm probably not able to swing a full-size receiver due to limited desk space.

DAC: Topping D50s
Pre-amp / Headphone Amp: JDS Labs Atom
Power Amp: TBD
Speakers: KEF Q150
Subwoofer: SVS SB-2000 (requires a dedicated sub out as opposed to speaker-level inputs)

I'm anticipating hooking it up as follows: MacBook > D50s > Atom > TBD > KEF Q150 / SVS SB-2000

I'm currently debating between the PS Audio Sprout100, NAD D 3020 V2, and Yamaha WXA-50. I know that the Sprout100 didn't measure well, but I figure I only need an amp (as opposed to all of the other features it has). I'm also considering something like this (this one wouldn't work because I need a dedicated sub out for my SB-2000, but something along those lines) as a cheaper alternative.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Dilliw

I'd be interested in trying something like that ICE powered amp as well in my office setup. I have the same 2.1 type setup using an SB-1000 and just use the speaker level inputs

OP
K

koopie

Adding another question:

Which of the below options would be better for a 2.1 nearfield desktop PC setup primarily for listening to music?

1. MacBook > Topping D50s > JDS Labs Atom > Yamaha WXT-50 > KEF Q150 / SVS SB-2000

2. MacBook > Yamaha WXT-50 > SVS-2000 / JDS Labs Atom > KEF Q150

Thank you!

Top Bottom