• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I got Zidoo Z10 Pro to play my media.

Rjharle

I have been looking for a media player to organize my media for my Matrix Elemental I and Anthem MRX 720 for months. I finally found the perfect fit.

I got the Zidoo Z10 Pro $350.00 and haven't looked back. The unit plays both video and audio flawlessly and will interface with your DAC or AVR. With a 14 TB drive (sold separate but fits into the unit) of storage, you can organize your files anyway you want. USB, HDMI and Optical outputs can be configured anyway you want. You can add apps to the unit for extra functions, like Kodi, but you're limited with the streaming apps like HBO Max and alike, the OS is Android 9. I can now turn on my Z10, find (with my remote) and play what ever content I want in any format; you can have the Z10 decode or pass through and have your DAC or AVR decode. The Z10 is invisible to the file, it just decodes the content and transports what you have selected to your DAC or AVR. If you need a Media Player to store, organize and play back into your DAC and AVR, this is the unit in would recommend. Features are added via firmware upgrades. I like to hear from other owners and would like to see the Zidoo Z10 Pro reviewed.

The downside, is the owner's manual is no help at all; you have to pretty much learn the unit by trial and error. You can't brick the unit because you can always do a factory reset. I found email support very quick and helpful. ([email protected])

P.S I have no affiliation with Zidoo; just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rjharle

Well, since it appears no one on this forum owns a Zidoo Z10 Pro for me to share experiences with and a review doesn't seem to be in the stars, I'll share what I've experienced with the Z10 in the past to months.

I have over 50k tunes (2 1/2 TB) on the box in DSD, 192hz/24bit - 48hz/24bit and some 16bit. The box transfers the tunes/video flawlessly to the DAC and AVR. There is an unlimited amount of ways to configure the audio and video directories. The box has not crashed once. The only video I have used is in Kodi with special apps; the sound and picture are great. There are endless ways to configure all me media.

There has been 2 updates that worked without bugs and added features to the unit.

I did change the power supply to a 5amp because the 3amp was getting warm.

So, that's it for now :cool:

Top Bottom