• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I follow another forum, new DAC release

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
while they may or may not burnin their space ships, they definitely have their electronics burned in.
All space products (and virtually all military) products require burnin. Its a part of their spec.
I had 20 years in the electronics industry with the military and space depts from the US requiring this. The burn in was to filter out infant mortality
I agree, running it to test for failures is always a good idea. I built PC's for decades and we always ran it on a stress test for crashes or memory errors. It wasn't because we were expecting the sound card would sound better though.

OP
r042wal

r042wal

Forum Donor
while they may or may not burnin their space ships, they definitely have their electronics burned in.
All space products (and virtually all military) products require burnin. Its a part of their spec.
I had 20 years in the electronics industry with the military and space depts from the US requiring this. The burn in was to filter out infant mortality

I agree but the military burn-in spec is for an entirely different reason - failure. If my new DAC fails, there's a good chance it will be with 90 days and something is defective.

I built computers too when I was starting off in IT. We would let them run (burn in) for 24 hours but that was because there were high failure rates from a lot of the cheap Chinese components like $15 switching power supplies

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree but the military burn-in spec is for an entirely different reason - failure. If my new DAC fails, there's a good chance it will be with 90 days and something is defective.

I built computers too when I was starting off in IT. We would let them run (burn in) for 24 hours but that was because there were high failure rates from a lot of the cheap Chinese components like $15 switching power supplies
That's certainly a point of any burn-in, is finding infant mortality.

Top Bottom