• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I did the unthinkable.. purchased a soundbar

3dbinCanada

Now before you jump all over me, I bought this sound bar for the purpose of using it in my cottage ( a 31 foot long travel trailer ) so I have something to do on those rainy days/nights or when the mosquitos are too bad to enjoy the outside. I wanted better sound than what the display that came standard with the trailer was able to give me.

How does it sound? Lets just say that I would never trade in any of my systems which were cobbled together with used components over the JBL. That being said, it sounds many magnitudes better than the display speakers.....there is no contest. And it can play loud. I had the system cranking into the high 80 db range without it sounding strained or harsh. The ability to play that loud without losing composure surprised me. Bass adjustments go from low - mid - high. Mid was good, high was boomy. Low would be good for music listening. I will defer to its imaging ability once I have the thing set up properly in the spare room. There are much better sound bars out there but this is mainly for the trailer and for that purpose alone , its more than adequate.

Below are some pics to give you an idea what it looks like. The sub on the left is a PSB Subsonic 5 with a 10" driver, same size driver found in the JBL.
JBL (1).JPGJBL (2).JPGJBL (3).JPGJBL (4).JPGJBL (5).JPGJBL (6).JPG

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not unthinkable at all. Soundbars exist for a reason, and sound that's much better than the TV's built-in sound is a good thing, especially in that compact form-factor. Enjoy!

steve59

Major Contributor
ysp5600 to replace my old ysp1. I think soundbars and add a sub big enough to serve as an end table are useful solutions for rooms that are primarily used for television.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bought one foe the bedroom
Sonos Beam
For TV and movies , good
For music .. weeeeeeeeell ....

Top Bottom