• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I desperately need an amp, please help!

Jake Cushing

Thank you Jake, TV has optical. I'm considering the A-S301 Although is a little bulky for my taste and for my living room. Happy new year!
Happy new year too. I have the R-n803, which is the same size. I find it looks beautiful. Best of luck.

robdmarsh

Why not simply the PMA-800NE which is the amplifier that is supposed to pair with the DNP-800NE?

denpma800neps_dendnp800neps_1.jpg
I have this amplifier and have been very impressed with it so far. I am kind of the other way round to the OP as I'm considering the network player and wondering if it would be on the same level as Bluesound node 2i.
Just for some context, I tried the Audiolab 6000A and the Rotel a11 tribute but I much preferred the Denon. Really good amp imo with open, honest and punchy sound.

DanielT

Major Contributor
I own a Network Audio Player Denon DNP-800NE (so already have a DAC) and recently bought a pair of Klipsch rp 600m speakers.
Now i need an amp (the only i have is a beloved Luxman L3 of the Paleolithic period that is quite certainly out of spec because sounds weird to my ears).

Just out of curiosity, I bought on Amazon a cheap unbranded 50 w class D amp and i’m really surprise about the results! But it’s not enough for me: certainly i’m not an audiophile but i love and appreciate both music and sound quality.

With a budget under 500 euros, what’s your suggestions considering that I would like tone controls (for night and ambient listening) and, possibly, a digital entry for TV?

Please help me, i’m so confuse… Don’t know if considering a classical-rack solution like, for example, a Cambridge amp/receiver or a chinese brick like a SMSL, Aiyima, Topping, Loxjie…

However I’m oriented on the second solution... don't always like the design but seem a more modern choice to me.

Thanks in advance from Italy.

Mavison
Do not forget to think about functionality. What you want for inputs, outputs,. Sub out? Remote control? Built-in DAC, if you will ever plug in a turntable then phono input, tone controls, loudness and so on.

Why not make a contribution to the environment, recycling. Buy a used one?:) Example, attached picture HK 670. I bought used this summer. With remote control. Works perfectly. 90 euros.

Here you can work with effect. Note it does not provide the whole "truth" but it can be a little support and help. It gives an indication in any case:

Edit:
HK 670 got very good grades when it was tested at LTS (Sound Technical Society). It is current strong: +/- 75 A.If it's a lot, everything is relative Advantage, yummy, if you have "sour" speakers.:)

By the way, I think so, but check it out, that HK 990, which Digital_Thor suggests below is also current strong..... Yes, below is technical data HK 990:
shot_2022-01-02_09-51-28.png

Attaches image, input and output HK 670

Attachments

• shot_2022-01-02_09-34-10.png
    shot_2022-01-02_09-34-10.png
    1 MB · Views: 81
  • shot_2022-01-02_10-07-17.png
    shot_2022-01-02_10-07-17.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Top Bottom