• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I am terrified about my purchase of the Fiio K5 Pro should I cancel the order?

flowjm

Tbh, if you're terrified by the idea of ordering a potentially sub-par piece of audio equipment, might I suggest trying to take life a bit less seriously? This is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby, after all :).

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I have one criticism of ASR, it's the emphasis, not to say obsession with measured performance rather than audibility. Downgrading an otherwise decent product because of a SINAD of only!! 83dB when anything better than 60dB is inaudible seems daft. That some products do better than 100dB seems to me besides the point. If the purpose of high fidelity equipment is transparency, then anything 'good enough' for transparency is just that, perfectly good enough.

Once transparency is reached, then other factors like warranty and serviceability, facilities, ergonomics and price become far more important.

S

Top Bottom