• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I am not (really) much of a Rolling Stones fan -- but this seems interesting(?)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
As "reported" someplace else -- did y'all see this?

https://www.ajournalofmusicalthings...ks-have-suddenly-appeared-online-why-and-how/

1615244198294.png

I edited this image a wee bit to obliterate a couple of somewhat unsavory words :rolleyes:

OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I've yet to find a link to the actual files
I saw a YT link -- I can't imagine it is still good... nor have I tried it. :rolleyes:

EDIT: it does seem to at least work (play) -- and it is advertised as "lossy" :) -- and the titles are unexpurgated (for which I apologize).

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Don't worry about covering up potentially offensive words with the Stones. Once you start down that road, you'll have a job for life! :)

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes especially given that it's 2021 - or some things never change. /Indeed they don't./Maybe they get worse. :) I was just about to ask, What are those red blobs. some feature of Japanese CD covers.
:) Advertised as Lossy ? :D ...Who even knows what that means?

! CDs as well?! ...Where are the download files?

...If it is them/themselves, then they're not going to say...it would cause ructions with the top boys.

Katji

Major Contributor
:) Sir Michael Jagger. :) ...I'd be happy to say Yes milord" to him, if I got the chance. This is funny:

Katji

Major Contributor
What's Lossy File ?

Top link in google search results, on stevehoffman.tv, blocked me because not logged in, but I searched the site and got this: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/rolling-stones-unreleased-treasure-trove.1066808/
And there is this: https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/music/6670483/50-unreleased-rolling-stones-emerges-online/

Someone said all threads on it being deleted.

It was available in lossless, apparently, from Saturday morning till Sunday night.
Youtube videos are getting deleted, apparently.

OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The YT video is not lossless. The CD content is... well who knows what it is? :)
I am sure the half-life of these things online is short.
The speculation around the release is interesting, nonetheless.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Listened to a few tracks. Better outtakes maybe but not album standard.

Only worthwhile for Stones semi-tragics like me. Would I pay 50 quid for it? :(

Top Bottom