• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I am looking for a schematic diagram HYPEX Smps600n400 and NC500

OP
V

valeric

I live in Russia. I bought a marantz pm ki ruby amplifier in Germany. The amplifier worked for several days, when the board is turned on, it lights up for 8 seconds and the standbay indicator flashes. Sending to Germany for repair under warranty is not profitable, I contacted a marantz service center in Europe, they wrote to contact a marantz representative in Russia. Repair will not be warranty, as the amplifier was purchased in Germany. I went to a repair shop in Russia. The master said that repair requires the smps600n400 and nc500 circuit, while measuring there is no power at the outputs of the smps600n400 power supply.

OP
V

valeric

424134AE-AEBD-444C-8D3C-87B38A0702E6.jpeg

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I contacted a marantz service center in Europe, they wrote to contact a marantz representative in Russia.

Marantz has a duty to provide adequate service documentation to enable technicians to be able to repair the product. If the product is entirely Hypex, and Marantz are attempting to pass the buck, I would get onto Hypex and demand they release details to you or your technician.

There is absolutely zero excuse from any company, anywhere to not provide such documentation.

As I posted in the other thread, the NC-400OEM entire schematic is buried in the NAD-M22 service manual.

OP
V

valeric

Bad soldering in these places? I also suspected these places, I will tell the master, it is necessary to solder these places with a flux, thanks for the advice.

OP
V

valeric

Marantz has a good datasheet for the ki ruby amplifier, there is no description and circuit of smps600n400 and nc500.

OP
V

valeric

I wrote a letter to Hypex, they probably did not answer, holidays.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I wrote a letter to Hypex, they probably did not answer, holidays.

Keep us informed on the outcome. Otherwise, @March Audio may have access to the Hypex SMPS schematic (or even a similar one- they are all variations on each other) and might be able to provide you a copy.

Being able to repair one's own product is a basic consumer right, and it is in the manufacturer's interests and part of their regulatory requirements to sell products in a market, in that spare parts and access to technical data/manuals is provided. I'm sure Hypex will do the right thing.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it just me or do some of the solder points look... interesting?

View attachment 43875
The picture is good but one needs a magnifier to get right onto the PCB to look for fractures, cracks and bad solder if you're looking for stuff. I can't count the amount of repairs I've completed without even whipping out the test probes by doing a proper visual inspection of the PCB and that includes fixing stuff for other techs that don't keep it simple and do a thorough visual inspection.

OP
V

valeric

Hello! Hypex answered me.
Thank you for your email, unfortunately we do provide our schematics to customers. If the products are not older than 5 years you can contact our RMA dept. to request a repair. I’m sorry to hear you’ve problems with customs but unfortunately there is no other option then to send them to us for repair.
Kind regards,
Rudy van Til | Hypex Electronics BV | Account Manager | www.hypex.nl |

MicroAudio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
From first look

it's over for this type of SMPS, you will not be able to fix it.

See the blown transistor marked with squares!

Attachments

• 424134AE-AEBD-444C-8D3C-87B38A0702E6.jpeg
    424134AE-AEBD-444C-8D3C-87B38A0702E6.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,077
Top Bottom