• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I am deciding between these 2 headphones (Ananda vs. LCD2)

HiFi Man Ananda or Audeze LCD2?

• Hifiman Ananda

• Audeze LCD2 Fazor

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I currently have Sundara and HD-650, but I am eye balling the Ananda or LCD2, I value your guy's opinions on the matter.

I listen to all types of music.

Merkurio

You would get a far better frequency response from Anandas in stock form, as well as better comfort due to the more lightweight construction and cup shape.

LCD2s on the other hand could be potentially more capable if you are willing to EQ them (stock FR sucks like most of the Audeze headphones). In addition, the build quality and materials are far beyond the Anandas' at the expense of significantly more weight, but the comfort is not bad ultimately.

Both companies have a questionable record in their quality control, with Audeze lacking some manufacturing consistency in the past and Hifiman with blatant failure rates even today. On the positive side, they both seem to provide good attention in case things go wrong.

Having say that, as a former owner of an iSINE 20 and LCD2C who currently owns an iSINE LX and plan to purchase a LCD2 Fazor in the future, my bet goes for Audeze, but mainly because I'm completely pro-EQ.

Just love the Audeze planar bass and slam.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
You would get a far better frequency response from Anandas in stock form, as well as better comfort due to the more lightweight construction and cup shape.

LCD2s on the other hand could be potentially more capable if you are willing to EQ them (stock FR sucks like most of the Audeze headphones). In addition, the build quality and materials are far beyond the Anandas' at the expense of significantly more weight, but the comfort is not bad ultimately.

Both companies have a questionable record in their quality control, with Audeze lacking some manufacturing consistency in the past and Hifiman with blatant failure rates even today. On the positive side, they both seem to provide good attention in case things go wrong.

Having say that, as a former owner of an iSINE 20 and LCD2C who currently owns an iSINE LX and plan to purchase a LCD2 Fazor in the future, my bet goes for Audeze, but mainly because I'm completely pro-EQ.

Just love the Audeze planar bass and slam.

I am fine with using EQ.

goldark

Forum Donor
I've owned both of these headphones. Without EQ, the LCD-2 seems to have deeper, more visceral bass but Ananda wins in tonality everywhere else. The LCD-2's were just too big and heavy on my head and for long sessions, they made me sore. The Ananda's are more comfortable for longer sessions and if you don't have EQ handy, sound beautiful without it.

Dealux

The LCD-2 (and a lot of Audeze stuff) has a weird resonant/cuppy kind of sound to the midrage which coupled with the muffled highs create an odd listening experience akin to some cheap closed backs.

D

Deleted member 4708

Audeze are heavy. However, if you are willing to EQ and weight / clamping is not a problem I'd go for the LCD-2. I sold my LCD-4 because they were clamping too hard.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Looks like Ananda wins out then, has anyone had any luck with the open box stuff on the Hifiman site?

Top Bottom