• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

UniPolar

Hypex NCore modules - seem to be a Yea at this point in time.

I may be more a*al than some, but I would not purchase an 'assembled' amp unless they can provide safety certification compliance.. I think it is possible for an assembler to self-certify in some cases .. And they may be exempt, but If they are mum when asked , then I'd say te veo luego .
The other issue is EMI/RFI compliance .. You can see the amounts of fines levied against some violators at the FCC site..
** ASR would do well to distance themselves from any liability for allowing businesses to essentially market themselves here in case the sellers' products are non compliant.
Caveat emptor .

Last edited:

Godataloss

Hypex NCore modules - seem to be a Yea at this point in time.

I may be more a*al than some, but I would not purchase an 'assembled' amp unless they can provide safety certification compliance.. I think it is possible for an assembler to self-certify in some cases .. And they may be exempt, but If they are mum when asked , then I'd say te veo luego .
The other issue is EMI/RFI compliance .. You can see the amounts of fines levied against some violators at the FCC site..
** ASR would do well to distance themselves from any liability for allowing businesses to essentially market themselves here in case the sellers' products are non compliant.
Caveat emptor .
DIYaudio.com better run for their lives then...

Jbrunwa

Forum Donor
If you are worried about a Hypex assembled amp, all you need to do is make sure it’s unplugged, open the case and inspect the workmanship. Hypex modules are self contained. if the connections are solid and the (very minimal) wiring is good, and the module mounting and case is good, what’s the issue?

Lawhaus

I have the NC502MP from Audiophonics. Zero hum coming from it, used for a year on LS50’s and now on the big R11. With the R11 the amp can show its competence on high volume :) very satisfied.

RCA-XLR is not ideal. I would get power on pops, but it’s probably the DAC’s fault: SMSL SU8. Just connect rca-rca or xlr-xlr and everything is fine.

For pics.

Top Bottom