• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex Ncore or similar class D amp. search

Don_Gately

I’m searching for a way to have a HYPEX based integrated amp that has low, pass filter and subwoofer out, (2.1 system) Are there products out there like this?

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR.

NAD is the first one I can think of. They have multiple models that are Hypex (and Purifi) based with subwoofer outputs and Dirac room EQ.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR. These come to mind.

OP
D

Don_Gately

Welcome to ASR. These come to mind.

Thanks, for the welcome. I've been using the info on this site for years, just finally needed to ask something I couldn't find.

OP
D

Don_Gately

What about something from Topping or similar Chinese class D? Something cheaper. I'm looking at stuff that is in the "blue" on Amir's SINAD spreadsheet. I Need to push two Martin Logan Motion 60's and an SVS SB-1000. I have another system in the bedroom with the smaller ML 30's bookshelf speakers and a small ML sub.

daniboun

Major Contributor
get this one ! and check measurements :

And take a look at this list :

OP
D

Don_Gately

What about using a good DAC/Preamp with two sets of outputs and sending second set to powered sub? Would this work?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, an RME ADI-2 DAC fs in which you send XLRs to a power amp, RCAs to subwoofer(s), and adjust the low pass on the subwoofer(s).

Top Bottom