• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex Ncore NC252MP market overview

JSmith

Master Contributor
I believe the modules are all made in the Netherlands, Groningen.
No they're made in Malaysia actually;
Hypex Electronics has its own production facility based in Malaysia. Furthermore, we also keep stock in warehouses in Hong Kong and in our headquarters in the Netherlands, to ensure fast delivery of goods.
so why not Hypex?
Ask them, a rep just joined the forum @Hypexsales.

JSmith

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Reactions: pma

pma

Major Contributor
Or they have some stock in Netherlands to supply smaller amount of pieces. They inform on the web page if the module is in stock.

Smitty2k1

There was a box of them for sale on eBay early April, I bought one board for $200 on April 14 from eBay seller jschm91, who has had an eBay account for 10 years. I think it shipped from North Carolina. I'd be happy to check the serial number if it helps.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There was a box of them for sale on eBay early April, I bought one board for $200
Jep. But since we really don't know for sure, i recommend to remove the sellers name.

I'd be happy to check the serial number if it helps.
In my experience Hypex doesn't care. I suspect the systems integrator or some shipping company did have the financial loss, not Hypex. But feel free to give it a go, their phone number is on their web page.

ultimo_boulevard

No they're made in Malaysia actually;

Ask them, a rep just joined the forum @Hypexsales.

JSmith
Following to read what the rep says... I mean, for sure the r&d is in Groningen as well as IOM's labs. That they assemble in Asia... it's likely, I admit.

diyhobby

I dont understand all are selling the same Hypex module configuration. No one is selling or offering a Hypex DSP with the amp built in example as a 2 or 3 way or say a subwoofer amp instead of buying a plate amp .

I hate Plate amps case I cannot mix and match speaker boxes

regards
anand

chych7

Recently got my Audiophonics NC252MP amp. With the strong dollar against the euro, this seemed like the best option (cheaper than VTV/Buckeye), and it was in stock. Build quality looks great, very professional. I would easily recommend them if anyone is interested.

Opened up the case to disconnect the front button, which has a ridiculously bright white LED in it (this is for dark room home theater use, so I need less light). Using the trigger from receiver to turn it on/off instead.

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is it possible that they changed things since Dec 2021?

The US get's their stuff directly from Hongkong is what Hypex has told me.
All of my inventory comes from the Netherlands when shipped.

I can also confirm that Hypex does a QC check on all boards before shipping them out.

withoutsuit

Reading this thread, I've got more confused - looking for a small amplifier for my LS50 Metas. Hypex amps are nearly half the price of purifi based amps oO

withoutsuit

They're both completely transparent to human hearing. Get what you can afford and don't worry about what you might be missing.
I'm looking for a small one in white - there is not many in that colour available. Apollon 1ET400a mini is really really nice (pearl white). But 2.000€ for my Kef LS50 metas seems to be not in relation... didn't find a white one with hypex modules neither.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a small one in white - there is not many in that colour available. Apollon 1ET400a mini is really really nice (pearl white). But 2.000€ for my Kef LS50 metas seems to be not in relation... didn't find a white one with hypex modules neither.
I know a company who offers custom color options for their amps ;)

chych7

Who does the cheapest 6 channel nc252mp and nc502mp amps?
Just looking at NC252MP in the US, looks like Buckeye at $1399, but I think they have a long waitlist
Audiophonics has a 4ch + 2ch for $1437 shipped to USA, immediate availability
VTV has it at $1619

ghf

I am using a Denon 4400 as a preamp and I've read here that it will only send 1.4v of clean signal. The nc252mp will give it's max power at 2.35v. Is this problem the same for all of the vendors, or do some have input buffers that affect this?

KMO

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That 2.35V isn't right. I think you've found a peak voltage - the max RMS voltage the NC252MP needs 1.66 Vrms, which is only a tad higher than the 1.4 Vrms where the Denon starts to get less clean. I wouldn't worry about it.

And I don't know of any NC252MP suppliers that fit extra buffers - they're all just the base module, so will be the same.

kolestonin

Many thanks to @TheBatsEar for this thread!
I am trying to estimate the added value of the audio sense feature and I will need some help.
Stated standby power consumption of implementations with audio sense is below 0.5W. But what would be the standby power consumption of the exact same amp without the feature?
Ate there also any significant differences in terms of heat production?
Last but not least, I have a concern on how audio sense is behaving when listening to very low volume. Can it be triggered erroneously and put the amp in standby while listening in low volume? Any owners who experienced such an issue?

Top Bottom