• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex NC252MP cooling

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How would you do this?
Remove the existing heatsink, install a heatpipe to a larger heatsink or the case itself? I'm sure there are ways to improve the existing solution.

But is it worth it?
Is the chips distortion at high power a result of current limitation, voltage limitation, heat dissipation limits or something else entirely? I can't get answers to that from the available PDF. I personally would say it's not worth it. If you have very high density, say in a rack, with tens of those modules, even a simple, slow moving fan might be enough.

If in any case you want to opt for the fan solution, search "PWM fan". There are cheap kits that come with Temperature probe.
They got you covered:
1645271155353.png

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Remove the existing heatsink, install a heatpipe to a larger heatsink or the case itself? I'm sure there are ways to improve the existing solution.

But is it worth it?
Is the chips distortion at high power a result of current limitation, voltage limitation, heat dissipation limits or something else entirely? I can't get answers to that from the available PDF. I personally would say it's not worth it. If you have very high density, say in a rack, with tens of those modules, even a simple, slow moving fan might be enough.

They got you covered:
View attachment 187735
The power is voltage or current limited. Yes, the temperature has a little influence on the loop behavior affecting the distortions, but this is neglectible. Improving cooling mainly allows sustaining high powers for a longer time and idling at lower temperatures.

Top Bottom