• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypex amplifier plate for passive speaker amp?

beren777

I'm looking for a Hypex or Purifi-based amplifier for a center channel speaker. The usual sources all seem backordered or have long lead times for certain components.

Hypex appears to have stock at diyclassd for some plate amps. Would I be crazy to grab a FusionAmp FA501 or FA251 and wire it to the center channel speaker inputs of the passive speaker? If I really cared someday I could remove amp module and put it in a case.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm looking for a Hypex or Purifi-based amplifier for a center channel speaker. The usual sources all seem backordered or have long lead times for certain components.

Hypex appears to have stock at diyclassd for some plate amps. Would I be crazy to grab a FusionAmp FA501 or FA251 and wire it to the center channel speaker inputs of the passive speaker? If I really cared someday I could remove amp module and put it in a case.
You wouldn't be the first and many have made custom cases for them. I tend to see them on the OB speaker forums and I'd certainly do it if needed.

Top Bottom