• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hurricane Florence

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
https://www.space.com/41800-hurricane-florence-no-kidding-nightmare-astronaut-photos.html

This is no picnic what's coming up, pack up and move out of her path.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3OS8zNTYvaTAyL2h1cnJpY2FuZS1mbG9yZW5jZS0xLmpwZz8xNTM2NzY1NDgz

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I lived in Florida for years but never got hit with a hurricane thankfully. I did get stuck in tropic storms with high winds in 50+ MPH and it was amazing the force it had to move my car back and forth. Can't even imagine winds at 130+ MPH. And stuff hitting you at that speed. I hope no one is hurt in this storm.

Grave

I live in VA and it is not going to hit us so I am not worried. If you live in NC or SC, you may be in trouble.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Well, members like Ray here and few others who live in Florida and Texas and the surroundings have experienced first hand devastations from hurricanes.
We all have friends or relatives who lost everything from heavy winds and floods and fires. When we do, we understand the pain and the suffering of losing loved ones.

Florence is huge and powerful, the winds are already there, and the rain in few places.
You can Google it. I am astonished by the pictures taken from space, by the size, the sheer enormity of it. The houses and the humans down below you can't even see them; they are the size of minuscule grains of sand, a small fraction of one. It doesn't take a drawing to figure out the consequences, we saw in Texas, in Puerto Rico, in Florida.
And if Florence stalls on the eastern coastline with category 3 or 4 winds, even 2, with her size it won't be nice with all that water, rain, floods, roofs taken out, roads and trees ripped apart, etc. Electricity gone, gas gone, food gone, shelters gone, .... some people are going to lose their homes, others their lives. I hope not, but those pictures show a real monster there.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I live in VA and it is not going to hit us so I am not worried. If you live in NC or SC, you may be in trouble.
Hurricanes are caused by gays. /s

I live on Vancouver Island, I'm worried by Florence and the people affected, lost of lives and lost of pets and lost of all things living...birds, rabbits, squirrels, moose, trees, plants, ants, spiders, ...
I'm worried about everything on the planet. I'm worried about natural disasters anywhere because I have family everywhere.
Hurricanes don't bring just natural destruction, but also human sorrow, and diseases by water contamination, etc., etc., etc. I am concerned about all humans and wildlife.

Hurricanes are not caused by gays; check with Microsoft Edge browser.

What does it mean..."/s"?
_____

Grave, wha's happening man? I will do anything possible to help.
All of us we had harsh times, if you only knew, and care.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Is it me, is it something about me you deeply hate?
Did I do something bad to someone?
Is there a film I like and you can't stand it?
Is there a music tune I like and you can't stand it?
Do you need some professional counselling?
Check with your Windows 10's Edge browser.

Or is it my avatar? My headphones? I have the same than yours.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Not sure what’s going on here ..,

@Grave , though a joke without context it would be easy to misunderstand your comment .

@NorthSky , I see no evidence to suggest anyone has a huge issue with you, not sure why your seeking such reassurance. Maybe sort this out through private message mate.

Top Bottom