• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hum/buz noise from amp

Magic_The

Hey, i just discovered this forum,
So i bought aiyima 2.1 amplifier, when connecting it to the phone, everything is ok, but when i do connect it to pc (rca to 3.5 mm) there is an annoying buzzing/humming, (in the front and rear) i tried with different cables with different power supplies (one is genuine toshiba 19v 9.5a, the other is chinese 24v 9a, didnt helped, i searched and found that there is a hum eliminator which has 3.5mm jack that connects to both sources, but it reduced the audio and even worse, i still havent tried to connect in the same outlet, but i highly doubt that it will fix it..

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hey, i just discovered this forum,
So i bought aiyima 2.1 amplifier, when connecting it to the phone, everything is ok, but when i do connect it to pc (rca to 3.5 mm) there is an annoying buzzing/humming, (in the front and rear) i tried with different cables with different power supplies (one is genuine toshiba 19v 9.5a, the other is chinese 24v 9a, didnt helped, i searched and found that there is a hum eliminator which has 3.5mm jack that connects to both sources, but it reduced the audio and even worse, i still havent tried to connect in the same outlet, but i highly doubt that it will fix it..
what is ur amp model?
do u have your PC volume to 100% and amplifier volume at minimum? that should reduce the hiss.

OP
M

Magic_The

what is ur amp model?
do u have your PC volume to 100% and amplifier volume at minimum? that should reduce the hiss.
aiyima a03, that didnt helped, i ordered some ground loop isolator to see if it helps.

Lambda

Major Contributor
What DAC are you using? headphone outputs on the main board have often lots of lots of noise.

I would go with the Apple DAC probably in combination with a USB isolator.
this shuld cost only abut 20€ and solve the problem without compromising audio trough a transformer

OP
M

Magic_The

@Lambda its amp not dac. i wrote that im using aiyima a03, anyway, those ground noise isolators did the job, i dont have anymore buzzing/hissing/etc, and sound is not quality compromised.

komebudu

Hi.. i m newbie here.

For this humming issue, maybe due the 3 poles - 4 poles 3.5mm male jack issue?

PC normally using 3 poles female 3.5mm jack.

OP
M

Magic_The

Hi.. i m newbie here.

For this humming issue, maybe due the 3 poles - 4 poles 3.5mm male jack issue?

PC normally using 3 poles female 3.5mm jack.
In my opinion, I dont think it's because of 3.5 jack, it's from a pc, ground loop isolator fixes that issue.

Top Bottom