• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Huge (-10 dB) dip between 200Hz and 300Hz in my room.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Absorption panel just behind the speakers, at these frequencies the GIK Acoustic Alpha series 4A should work, or at least help.
Funny I found this, I have GIK 244 traps coming to put right behind my speakers. They absorb down to 80 Hz and I hope solve my problems with back wave SBIR.

Backflash

Since there is already a thread about this I'll ask here.
Got this kind of picture right now with Adam t5v and ECM8000 mic from my listening position. Is there anything I can do to make it better in EQ? Simply used REW inbuilt auto corrector after a few fixes to it. It sounds way better than no eq, but something is slightly off, my guess it's the dips. Should I even consider a sub for my room with these dips?
75464563454.jpg

Attachments

• L+R HF+0 LF+0 MID 3rd fix.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • L+R HF+0 LF+0 MID no eq.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Tomino

Forum Donor
Just wanted to thank everyone for this really helpful, enlightening thread. I'll wrestle further with my early reflections at some point, and will definitely draw on this.

hemiutut

I ended up pushing the Speakers closer to the wall (pushing the dip to 300-400Hz range) then surround it with Basotec foam.
Can you put a picture ? a picture is worth more than 1000 words.
Does it have acoustic treatment, can I explain what it has?
Can you upload the REW .mdat file to see the acoustics of your room?

Written with translator

Greetings

Top Bottom