• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HSU VTF-2 MK5 VS Rythmik LV12F VS SVS PB-1000 Pro

Grierts

Hey,

I am completely new to this sub and hobby.

I just bought a LG CX 77" ($2250)

I want to buy once and cry once.

My setup so far:

Emotiva Airmotiv C1+ - $250

JBL Stage A130 - $250

Yamaha RX-V681 7.2 - $270

I just need a subwoofer.

I have an irregular open space. My living room bleeds into my dining room, kitchen and main hallway.
Measured my living room with a Sound Meter. 35-40DB

I want this to be my end game for the next 5-10 years.

All of the subs listed are in my final price range.

(HSU VTF-2 MK5 VS Rythmik LV12F VS SVS PB-1000 Pro)

Which would you go with ?

Main use will be gaming/youtube/movies/music.

(I guess everything you could possibly do with audio)

I am also contemplating going dual sub, but I know that placement is FAR more important than anything else.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help you could provide.

Last edited:

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
Since you don't have an DSP then the SVS is the best choice. With the PB1000Pro you get 3-band Parametric EQ to knock down resonance peaks in your room, whereas with the LV12F you get 1-band. SVS also offers a phone APP that allows you control the volume, crossover, EQ, phase, etc. from your couch. I am using it and it's super convenient. Not sure about the other two companies' warranty policy. SVS offers 5-year transferrable warranty. I bought a used pair of subs and the company sent me replacement amplifier modules that I could installed at home. Also, you can find SVS subs in BestBuy's Magnolia Home Theater section. I believe you can audition PB1000Pro there.

OP
G

Grierts

Since you don't have an DSP then the SVS is the best choice. With the PB1000Pro you get 3-band Parametric EQ to knock down resonance peaks in your room, whereas with the LV12F you get 1-band. SVS also offers a phone APP that allows you control the volume, crossover, EQ, phase, etc. from your couch. I am using it and it's super convenient. Not sure about the other two companies' warranty policy. SVS offers 5-year transferrable warranty. I bought a used pair of subs and the company sent me replacement amplifier modules that I could installed at home. Also, you can find SVS subs in BestBuy's Magnolia Home Theater section. I believe you can audition PB1000Pro there.

Amazing !!

Thanks for the info !

I am leaning towards dual PB-1000s

yodog

I would choose the Rythmik if you are going to listen to music semi often. If it’s mainly movies and background party music then and only then would I say it’s a toss up between the SVS and Rythmik.
Rythmik beats it in performance imho in many many ways, however, the SVS iOS app is indeed convenient, well thought out, reliable, and well executed.

Both companies have stand up customer service.

SVS however, does have i would say industry leading customer warranty/treatment philosophy, and I would say the only (regardless of which industry) risk-free “try before you buy” offer that is truly risk-free and actually free as free if it turns out you don’t want or like their products after 45 days (45 days is their in home trial period, starts on the day your SVS sub or speaker gets delivered).

despite all those good words and facts about svs and it’s company customer policy, the rythmik and it’s patented direct servo technology which uses a piezoelectric sensing coil that is ingeniously integrated with the subwoofers voice coil that, as an ironic analogy, that it mirrors the straight up literal truth of SVS and their risk-free home trial period, how it’s actually risk free and head and shoulders above the next best companies in home trial period — the rythmik subwoofer with its direct servo patented tech enables it to actually overcome some problems that speakers and subwoofers alike, have suffered since forever.

real talk, the svs subwoofer fell short only in where it mattered to me and I think I would be in the majority of what matters, which is how it sounds with my speakers and it’s ability and ease to blend in, and also how it sounds when I use it ( listen to music ).

it fell short being able to seamlessly integrate with any of the five pairs of Dynaudio speakers I had/have. For some reason the svs subwoofers quality of bass sounded rather cheap and unconvincing.

i tried out some REL T5i subwoofers and they blended in easily like the rythmik, and the bass didn’t stick out like a sore thumb (best way I can describe the sore thumb is that it just sounded cheap and/or flat or dull).

the other main issue I had with it was, the subwoofers sound output capability and tonal response fluctuated very much so. So much that I’d have to take out the svs app for almost every song after playing music for 30-60 minutes and medium volume, because the response of the sub was just constantly shifting in correlation to heat and heat soaking.

now the rel subwoofer didn’t suffer from being able to blend in with my bookshelf speakers, but it did suffer from frequency output shifts from heat.

the rythmik won’t suffer from this. Their tech has more advantages and it’s explained on the rythmik website. All I know is, if you truly want end game for next 5-10 years, and you like music and/or long movies or movie watching sessions, then I would get a rythmik subwoofer. The unselfish and genuinely nice thing about rythmik is, they include their patented direct servo technology in every subwoofer they sell, regardless of its price or entry level model status. I can say SVS also honorably now does this as well in a different form: it’s Bluetooth AD (analog devices) DSP with iOS app. However, if left with the option to only be able to pick one choice, I would choose the patented direct servo technology from Rythmik Audio (servo amp, servo woofer) versus the SVS and it’s dsp iOS Bluetooth app. Hope this helps, cheers.

Ata

Forum Donor
Any reason to settle for a ported sub? I was in a similar situation and have chosen to use a sealed SVS SB-1000 Pro due to its smaller size and potentially higher quality bass with smoother 12db/octave roll-off.

Top Bottom