• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HQplayer not converting PCM to DSD

thatoneguy

I've been trying to get the HQ player to convert PCM to DSD for many hours now but I cannot get it to work.
I'm using an amanero and I've tried using different firmware that state the ability to use native DSD and none of it works.
The HQ player just continues to convert to PCM 384k.
These are my current settings but I've tried pretty much everything
AsJ3hkC.png

uVAMzAE.png

Any advice? I don't know what to do. I want to get it to at least DSD 256 but I can't get any DSD out of it at all.
When paying music it says this.
gWghiVZ.png

ABQdude

Forum Donor
I've been trying to get the HQ player to convert PCM to DSD for many hours now but I cannot get it to work.
I'm using an amanero and I've tried using different firmware that state the ability to use native DSD and none of it works.
The HQ player just continues to convert to PCM 384k.
These are my current settings but I've tried pretty much everything
AsJ3hkC.png

uVAMzAE.png

Any advice? I don't know what to do. I want to get it to at least DSD 256 but I can't get any DSD out of it at all.
When paying music it says this.
gWghiVZ.png
And I don't think you should be choosing DoP in the SDM Pack.

OP
T

thatoneguy

Yes it works! I didn't know about that option above!
Although it cuts in and out after about 3-15 seconds depending on filter used.
Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

jhwalker

Yes it works! I didn't know about that option above!
Although it cuts in and out after about 3-15 seconds depending on filter used.
Any thoughts on this?

It takes a LOT of processor power to convert from anything to DSD. My maximum (using a 2017 Mac Mini i7) is DSD256, ASDM7, poly-sinc-xtr-2s (the "2s" variants are less demanding on the CPU than the original filters, and sound just about the same, so you can try those if your CPU can't keep up).

Top Bottom