• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How use L for sub and R for mid/high

João

Hey, I'm new here,
I have an analog amplifier, and I have a mid/high speaker and subwoofer, while I don't have enough money to buy a crossover, I wanted to know if there is a way that
turns laptop audio jack L turn to subwoofer output and R turn to the mid/high speaker. There is some free program, more like DSP where I can control my L and R laptop outputs

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Does your subwoofer have a crossover with cutoff adjustment? Does it have any pass-through outputs? If so, sum to mono and use a pass-through.

Otherwise, there's a plugin for foobar2000 called "equalizer split" that would accomplish what you asked in your question. You can EQ the left and right channels independently, high-passing one side and low-passing the other.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_eqsplit

Not sure if this plugin is still functional in current editions.

Top Bottom