• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to use apo equalizer easily.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Cool!

So the red sections in the graph are caused by lines 2, 3, and 4 (please see if you understand why). These sections are potential clipping areas as they can boost the digital audio beyond the format’s maximum sample value. This is also indicated by the peak gain value, and the reason why the first line (Preamplification) is included.

OP
Protect Dreams
Great :)

I leave on 11.70db anyway? And I always disable the second line?

I will try with video games in this configuration.

OP
Protect Dreams
You asked that I test at 0 DB to see the changes.

But then I come back to 11.70 db, right?

Alright, I'll take it off then.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I cant follow at the moment sry. 10dB get added lower 40HZ. Thats why the preamp get lowerd 10dB. Thats needet.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
But then I come back to 11.70 db, right?
Yeah so the peak gain gets 11.70 dB as you show in your video. You don’t want that because it could result in clipping. This is why you want this Preamplification of -11.7 dB to be on, to get this peak gain to 0 again.

Hope this makes sense.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
10db get eq'ed in at 40Hz and this gets lowerd in then preamp this 10dB you have to make the topping louder.

OP
Protect Dreams
Capturekiki.JPG

Sorry, I meant -11.70db.

I stay in this configuration then? I'm sorry, but with the translation and the fact that I know nothing about it doesn't help.
Thanks a lot.

I deleted the second line.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
I know nothing about it
It’s easier than you think.

Just take some time to truly understand what’s been explained so far, and you’re more than halfway there. Most of the other EQ APO functionality is variations on the same theme.

If I were you I’d clear config.txt entirely and just add one Low-shelf filter. As you will see it has five controls - two dropdowns and three input fields. Put on a tune with some bass and play around with each control for a while. See what happens with the graph and the peak gain value, and listen to the effect of your changes. Then, switch off the filter and add a High-shelf filter. Repeat. Switch that one off as well and add a Peaking filter. Repeat. Switch them all on and add a Preamplification filter to modify the peak gain value. After this you should be able to fully read and understand the contents of AMir hd800s.txt. This will get you in a much better position to try out other EQ configurations.

Hope this helps!

Moravid

Forum Donor
You can still use JRiver using convolution in DSP Studio, you can download ones targeting Harman curve, I just tried it with my HD700 and I find it no longer harsh and the extra bass is really nice though I find strings and vocals take a back seat now.
Also I have to bump up the volume by 10-15 on my EX5

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HI

Install APO EQ, I believe you have done that just in case... HERE is the link
Then Download PEACE for APO HERE

I know one can do a lot of things with APO EQ by entering/changing texts, but PEACE makes it easy.

Try PEACE! It will remove quite a bit of the tedious text entries...

Peace ;)

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Je viens de suivre ce tutoriel alors:

Et c'est tout. Plus bas dans votre sujet, il y a le HD800S.

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide rapide.
Please post In English here. We would appreciate your cooperation in this. Thank you.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
HI

Install APO EQ, I believe you have done that just in case... HERE is the link
Then Download PEACE for APO HERE

I know one can do a lot of things with APO EQ by entering/changing texts, but PEACE makes it easy.

Try PEACE! It will remove quite a bit of the tedious text entries...

Peace ;)
Is anybody experiencing issues with Peace? It updates and then does not work or simply will not function on my Z690 but EQ APO always works. So I've gone 100% to EQ APO and uninstalled Peace.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Is anybody experiencing issues with Peace? It updates and then does not work or simply will not function on my Z690 but EQ APO always works. So I've gone 100% to EQ APO and uninstalled Peace.
Did you verify this?
This needs to be enabled.
1661713721486.png

After my last peace update, I had to re-enable my default playback device.

Top Bottom