• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Turn off/Stop ASR Forum Notifications!!!

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Deleting email notifications on ASR.

There may be multiple settings explained below that need to be unchecked. Make sure before leaving each settings page you hit the Save button at the bottom.

Email options
  • Receive news and update emails
  • Receive activity summary emailWe will keep you updated about new content when you haven't visited for a while.
  • Receive email when a new conversation message is received
Content options
  • Automatically watch content you create…
  • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
    • and receive email notifications
  • Show people's signatures with their messages
OK so these were global settings and they have to be done first. Next step: Is turning off Email notifications for all and any threads you have posted in. If the global stuff was on previously then each Thread you post in gets added to the email notification. Best way to deal with this is every time you get a notice, go to that new post and scroll to the top and turn off the Email notices thread by thread. Depending on how many different threads you have posted this could be a short or longish process.

At the top of each thread (see shortcut below to disable All thread watches) on the right is a Watch button. Click that and make sure receive email notification is not checked. It will say Unwatch if you are currently following the thread. Click that and unwatch the thread. Then you can select Watch again, but this time deselect email notification.

Shortcut: You can manually generate a list of Threads you have set to watch. Go to Forums and then select Watched. That will list everything you have set to Watch and potentially send you the email.

Once here look to the top right of the list. A new option window is now present named Manage Watched Threads. Here you can unselect email notifications for everything at once.

Last edited:

Justin Zazzi

Is there an option to get a single summary email notification for a conversation I'm in? Right now I get an email for every comment from every person and it's a bit much.

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Is there an option to get a single summary email notification for a conversation I'm in? Right now I get an email for every comment from every person and it's a bit much.
Not that I am aware.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Technically you only get one message for the 1st instance of a new comment. So how many emails you get about a single thread will depend on how much you're reading that thread.

For example: if you get an alert email at 8am because there is 1 new comment, but you don't log in to ASR to look at that thread until 10pm, there might be 25 new comments. In that example you're not getting 25 email alerts, only the first 1 at 8am.

I realize that's not the option you're asking about (having 1 daily email summary for a thread), but I wanted to point out that you have some control over how many emails you get by choosing how much you view any particular thread.

1647525711486.png

Boris Badinov

Master Contributor
The Humorist
In my email, when I get multiple notices (before I log in again) they will all be hidden under the first email. when I hover over that one in the list of emails or click on it all the others will appear into my email list.

Justin Zazzi

Technically you only get one message for the 1st instance of a new comment. So how many emails you get about a single thread will depend on how much you're reading that thread.

For example: if you get an alert email at 8am because there is 1 new comment, but you don't log in to ASR to look at that thread until 10pm, there might be 25 new comments. In that example you're not getting 25 email alerts, only the first 1 at 8am.

I realize that's not the option you're asking about (having 1 daily email summary for a thread), but I wanted to point out that you have some control over how many emails you get by choosing how much you view any particular thread.

View attachment 193058

Hmm. Looks like my settings are different somehow. Maybe this works different for private conversations vs public threads?

1648350182862.png

AudiOhm

Check out 'Preferences' under Your account...

Ohms

Top Bottom