• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to transmit TV audio to wireless speakers

badmojo

I am interested in purchasing the KEF LS60 wireless tower speakers and using them to play audio from my new Samsung TV (QN90B 85") without having a wired connection (i.e. HDMI eARC, etc). Is this possible? Will there be voice sync issues? My understanding is that the KEFs don't have bluetooth aptx, which I would think would be an issue for this application.

The KEF speakers are Airplay and Chromecast capable. Am I able to use a Chromecast TV 4K plugged into the back of the TV to stream through the Chromecast but have the audio play only through the wireless speakers? How about for an Apple TV 4K? If I were to use a bluetooth transmitter (such as one of many available on Amazon) that is aptx low latency or HD, would I still would have voice sync issues due to the fact that the KEF speakers may/do not have the aptx codecs? I understand bluetooth does have some audio quality loss due to compression, but I would think for TV/movies, this would be fine? I would stream directly from my phone/other device through Spotify/Tidal/Apple Music etc for high quality music listening.

Thanks for any advice and help, sorry I'm totally new to the audio, home A/V world. Thank you.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Kef is Bluetooth compatible.
And the TV too.

If I'm not mistaken, this type of TV should allow setting a delay on image for syncing with sound.

Top Bottom