• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

simbloke

Forum Donor
I setup a small monthly payment via Patreon as I keep forgetting it's been quite some time since I made the first donation.
The value I get from this place and the breadth and depth of the knowledge and experience of the people here always amazes me.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I setup a small monthly payment via Patreon as I keep forgetting it's been quite some time since I made the first donation.
The value I get from this place and the breadth and depth of the knowledge and experience of the people here always amazes me.
That's very kind of you. Thank you very much.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello amirm,

Although quite belated, I donated a small contribution today...
Thanks in advance for your kind attention.

sondans

Forum Donor
Hi everyone. I discovered ASR many months ago and now find myself checking it almost daily. I decided to become a member and also donate to this worthy website.
Amir, thank you for your objective reviews and managing this great website.
PS: Its been a few days since contributing and haven't seen any confirmation but just want to make sure it gets to you.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi everyone. I discovered ASR many months ago and now find myself checking it almost daily. I decided to become a member and also donate to this worthy website.
PS: Its been a few days since contributing and haven't seen any confirmation but just want to make sure it gets to you.
If you type "@amirm" you will get a pop up menu with members names and then you can click on the name you want to message directly. :D

sondans

Forum Donor
@amirm
Doodski graciously showed me how to get this message directly to your attention.

EC1960SOCAL

ASR is relies on goodwill of the visitors and members of the site to cover its expenses and enable testing of more products. There are no sponsors. No adds. No nothing.

If you are interested in supporting us using donations, you can use one of the following four methods:

1. Patreon. This is an external service that accepts monthly donations. You can change/stop payments anytime you want. Just go to this page: https://www.patreon.com/audiosciencereview

Patreon takes its cut from donations you make. It is a good option if you want to spread your donations over time, or if you are not a member of ASR.

There is no linkage between Patreon and the forum software. So if you wish to be recognized as a Patreon donor, please contact me and I will do so. Alternatively you may want to wait a bit to see if I catch and update it.

2. ASR members can upgrade their membership to support us using one-time payment. This is the process:

To donate, click on your alias on top right of the forum. In the drop down select "Account Upgrades."

index.php

Once you click that, you are presented with three one-time options. I have set them to $25, $50 and $100 per year. There is no auto-renewal. It just expires after a year and you can then choose to donate again or not.

When you click on the option you like, you are taken to Paypal. You can use your paypal account if you have one. If you don't, just tell it so and you can enter any credit card you like.

Paypal is supposed to notify the forum software that you have made a donation so that your title gets upgraded here. Unfortunately it doesn't always work. So if after you donated you don't see a "Patreon donor" under your avatar, let me know and I will fix it.

3. Direct donation using Paypal. If you don't like to use any of the above options, use this link to make your own custom donation amount: https://paypal.me/AudioScienceReview?locale.x=en_US

EDIT: I do not use the Amazon Affiliate program (even though I am qualified to do so). So please use the above two methods.
4. Amazon affiliate. I am set up as an Amazon associate meaning that if you go to Amazon using a special link and buy things there, some percentage of the purchase amount gets sent to me as commission. The amount of commision ranges from zero to 8% I think. Sadly the highest amount is for fake jewelry and such.

To avoid appearance of bias, I do NOT currently provide links to products I review. I have a single link I have setup for a Topping D10: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...9P3X3&linkId=90d5ba32c12c3c2980eb1eb288a17f4d

You can use the above link to buy anything from Amazon and theoretically I get commission based on that. Simply navigate away from the above link to find whatever you want inside Amazon and we should be good to go. The price to you will be the same whether you use this affiliate link or not. So might as well use it so that something good comes out of it at Amazon's expense.

-----
This is a good time to thank the many of you that have donated. It puts a huge smile on my face every time I see a notification that a donation has been made. Not as much for the money which is appreciated, but the fact that there is no better acknowledgement of the value of this site than someone spending hard cash on it.
and that's exactly how I feel

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Many thanks for the review marathon amirm. A furious clip for a microsoft fella I must say. I'm going to make a modest donation as a show of my appreciation.

I hope fellow members will join me.

Ata

Forum Donor
It is hard to overstate how much I have learned about audio, acoustics, etc., how much money I have saved applying what I have learned, and how much better my music sounds.

Donation made.

mugbot

Forum Donor
Donation made, this place is one of a kind. What a lovely community.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Where can I see when my support “subscription” is going to expire? I want to be sure that I repeat the annual donation in time.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm I asked that to the admin account last week but have not received a reply. Will you be kind enough to clarify the following?

What is the difference between the member titles "Active Member" and "Addicted to Fun and Learning"? It doesn't seem to be linked to the number of posts. How are they assigned?

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
@amirm I asked that to the admin account last week but have not received a reply. Will you be kind enough to clarify the following?

What is the difference between the member titles "Active Member" and "Addicted to Fun and Learning"? It doesn't seem to be linked to the number of posts. How are they assigned?
I don’t think these automated title thresholds are tied to any time factor. They are directly related to the number of posts made by the account holder. Amir will correct this if I am incorrect.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don’t think these automated title thresholds are tied to any time factor. They are directly related to the number of posts made by the account holder. Amir will correct this if I am incorrect.
I pasted some examples. Bold numbers contradict your thesis. It will be nice to know the real reason.

Member Messages: 36
Active Member Messages: 259
Senior Member Messages: 468
Addicted to Fun and Learning Messages: 669
Seeking the Wisdom in all things! Messages: 1,542
Major Contributor Messages: 1,229 & 6,691

(edited for clarity)

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Sorry for not responding. Unless there is a bug, the upgrade is completely based post count.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry for not responding. Unless there is a bug, the upgrade is completely based post count.
Thank you for the reply. What I noticed must be a bug then.

Top Bottom