• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

Another Bob

Forum Donor
I purchased a membership in Nov 2018. In Oct 2019, I renewed early. When my initial membership expired a week or so ago, I lost my Patreon Donor tag, even though I should be good for another 11 months.

Luyil

For Amazon affiliates, I think the commission is only received for items that have been added to cart AFTER the link is clicked (i.e. if the product is already in the cart before clicking the link, you won't receive commission). Maybe it's a good idea to make a note that the cart should be empty before clicking the affiliate link in order to receive the commission.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
For Amazon affiliates, I think the commission is only received for items that have been added to cart AFTER the link is clicked (i.e. if the product is already in the cart before clicking the link, you won't receive commission). Maybe it's a good idea to make a note that the cart should be empty before clicking the affiliate link in order to receive the commission.
Yeh, I have not seen a penny from Amazon. I think the link also expires in 24 hours or something.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeh, I have not seen a penny from Amazon. I think the link also expires in 24 hours or something.
So none of the affiliate linking I did before purchasing items sent any money toward ASR? I go to your link, and then put items in a cart, and then purchase. Isn't this how it was supposed to work?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So none of the affiliate linking I did before purchasing items sent any money toward ASR? I go to your link, and then put items in a cart, and then purchase. Isn't this how it was supposed to work?
I think so. I just don't know how well. Here is the report since inception:

1575943134012.png

As you see, only 67 items have resulted in some credit out of 888 clicks. I don't know if people are clicking but then not buying anything. Or buying but it not giving credit.

Either way, thanks for trying. I am just looking for a way to get rich quick and this ain't it! :D

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
reposting from Heresy thread: Amir. You work really hard. I hope you are getting as much joy in it, as we all, reading your reviews and measurement charts. That's why I said, use Amazon affiliate links and whatever manufacturer affiliate links you can. Also, try engaging some local to you folks, who will be willing to do the same measurements routines for the equipment you have in the pipeline. I strongly believe you should be able to find them. Another avenue of getting some money would be going to Youtube video format for some of the reviews, and get some ad money. Youtube is bees knees.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the suggestions. Youtube is on my todo list. As for links and such, it will trigger a lot of accusations of bias which take time to address. So right now, I am sticking with the current model hoping as a collective, we can make donations work.

Dimitri

Thanks for the suggestions. Youtube is on my todo list. As for links and such, it will trigger a lot of accusations of bias which take time to address. So right now, I am sticking with the current model hoping as a collective, we can make donations work.
You could still create a presense so you can drive more traffic here.
As for accusations of bias.....they breed traffic like a bad windows update :)

Rockfella

Forum Donor
Hey Amirm, just did a single one :)

I see "Patreon Doner" now in my avatar :) Very happy to contribute. Thanks for all your insane efforts.

Regards,
Vivek.

Last edited:

Habu

Hello from France,

First donation for ASR.

Audiosciencereview.com is an earthquake in the world of HiFi.....

Thanks for your work Amirm

Habu

Francis Vaughan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not sure what has happened. Donated a week ago. Never seems to have appeared. International PayPal problem perhaps?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not sure what has happened. Donated a week ago. Never seems to have appeared. International PayPal problem perhaps?
I did see it and I changed your title but must not have hit save as it did not take. I just did it again. Much appreciated.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Question: Do I get a reminder e-mail in a year to renew the subscription? If not, that's a feature I would like.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Question: Do I get a reminder e-mail in a year to renew the subscription? If not, that's a feature I would like.
I think so as I have seen people renew around that time (thank you to those who have!). Someone who has seen it should comment.

Digital Mastering System

Amir: I contributed, but did not get updated to basic contributor or whatever it is.
Great Site and I read it every day - you really work hard and we appreciate it.

Digital Mastering System

PS here's the Pay Pal thing:

January 8, 2020
Audio Science Review LLC
-negative $25.00
Payment
Paid xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You'll see "PAYPAL *AUDIOSCIENC" on your card statement.CategoryElectronicsTransaction ID55B6949192509131L
Seller infoAudio Science Review LLChttps://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?articles/
Purchase details
Account upgrade: ASR Supporter (Digital Mastering System)
$25.00

Total
$25.00

Top Bottom