• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to set desktop system up?

adamjohari

Hi there,

Sorry, total newbie here. Wondering if this will work.

PC --> USB Cable --> Topping D10s --> RCA to RCA cable --> THX 789 --> RCA to RCA (via se pass) --> SMSL DA 9 --> Speaker Cables --> B&W 607 S2 Anniversary

Would this work?

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
That setup will work. The SMSL DA 9 is spec'ed at 50Wx2 (8Ω) so that should give you OK power for your B&Ws, although the 84dB sensitivity og the B&Ws isn't great.

But one question to ask: do you need the Drop THX 789 in this chain? Are you planning to use headphones? You can go direct from the Topping D10s to the SMSL DA 9 if you want.

OP
adamjohari

adamjohari

That setup will work. The SMSL DA 9 is spec'ed at 50Wx2 (8Ω) so that should give you OK power for your B&Ws, although the 84dB sensitivity og the B&Ws isn't great.

But one question to ask: do you need the Drop THX 789 in this chain? Are you planning to use headphones? You can go direct from the Topping D10s to the SMSL DA 9 if you want.
I figured I'd try headphones. I just bought a Sennheiser HD 58X. I play games at night and the sound can be quit loud. If the experience is good with the 58X, I might go further, you never know :D

Top Bottom