• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to match speakers and subwoofers on a PC without Dsp

dingdong3

Hello. I use a woofer and speaker with built-in in-out inside the subwoofer, and LF and HF filters are applied to each speaker and woofer, so it doesn't interfere with use.
However, I want to try changing the basic crossover frequency of 80 Hz, and I want to match it more naturally through delay control.

What I tried was a voice meter banana. I tried to match it through virtual routing, and it wasn't quite bad. But I haven't actually used it. (Trust was lost because a distorted mechanical sound was heard about 15k after the measurement in REW.)

Does anyone use the Equalizer APO on their PC in this way to set up and use delay and crossover directly? You need experience and advice on this.
Of course, I know that purchasing and using the DSP from Minidsp is the easiest and easiest way, but I enjoy making and using FIR filters and I like to test them. However, the average DSP has too low a limit on the number of tabs and even if there is a delay on the PC, the CPU is not burdened at all on my high-performance PC. Therefore, if possible, equalizer and crossover on the PC. I want to maintain the direction of using the delay and FIR filter. I also saw an audio interface. I don't know how it works because I've never used it. Is that a similar result to what I want?

Top Bottom