• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to make music in my small basement same as mark levinson in my car , and whats the next upgrade step after kef r3? bookshelves.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hi everyone after dirac on and off, and crappy r3 i still need to find best possible big upgrade replacement.

here is my latest cool demo for you.
Money cash.
I am still stuck i need to upgrade kef 3.

here is my small demo with and without dirac on kef r3 and nad m33.
i think thats the best kef r3 can provide in terms of sound

i need better speakers than kef r3... what they will be kef wireless or ls 50 or focal something or.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hi everyone after dirac on and off, and crappy r3 i still need to find best possible big upgrade replacement.

here is my latest cool demo for you.
Money cash.
I am still stuck i need to upgrade kef 3.

here is my small demo with and without dirac on kef r3 and nad m33.
i think thats the best kef r3 can provide in terms of sound

i need better speakers than kef r3... what they will be kef wireless or ls 50 or focal something or.
To be honest, if i were you i'll sell everything. The conditions that you have these equipment is even worse than i thinked o_O, Dirac will help to the acoustics but... you need more than magic for get a setup sounding right in that conditions.

Is not possible in that conditions to have a Hifi equipment, you need waaaaaay more space.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

To be honest, if i were you i'll sell everything. The conditions that you have these equipment is even worse than i thinked o_O, Dirac will help to the acoustics but... you need more than magic for get a setup sounding right in that conditions.

Is not possible in that conditions to have a Hifi equipment, you need waaaaaay more space.
Sale at huge loose? why ?
what do you mean , i have these equipment is worse please advice?
Please advice,
what condition you dont like exactly?
i made maximum as possible space available...
if i left it like before space will be 000.

In terms of space thats the best i can offer made...
before things was 1cm away so no free space right now they have 5-10 cm between equipment.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Sale at huge loose? why ?
what do you mean , i have these equipment is worse please advice?
Please advice,
what condition you dont like exactly?
i made maximum as possible space available...
if i left it like before space will be 000.

In terms of space thats the best i can offer made...
before things was 1cm away so no free space right now they have 5-10 cm between equipment.
Hifi equipment requires space... and you don't have it, sorry to say...
You may be way better buying a pair of headphones, you don't have space for speakers man.

1664483418096.png

When you got the space, you can back to the speakers.
Nobody are going to use that speakers in that way... this is a normal setup.. way different..
IMG_2597.jpg.c8d3e639697f5b3adab505480e0c017d.jpg

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hifi equipment requires space... and you don't have it, sorry to say...
You may be way better buying a pair of headphones, you don't have space for speakers man.

View attachment 234040

When you got the space, you can back to the speakers.
Nobody are going to use that speakers in that way... this is a normal setup.. way different..
IMG_2597.jpg.c8d3e639697f5b3adab505480e0c017d.jpg
i live in extremely small basement i dont have
such space thats thest i have no option for floor stands...
:(
what i should do, get focal utopia diablo or kanta or sopra or something else , i want good bookshelves.
You have amazing set up congratulations you are rich not living like me in rented basemant.

For stupid headphones i will need to buy again , dacs
amplifiers
and tons of gear and i already , sold my headphones long time ago.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
i live in extremely small basement i dont have
such space thats thest i have no option for floor stands...
:(
what i should do, get focal utopia diablo or kanta or sopra or something else , i want good bookshelves.
You have amazing set up congratulations you are rich not living like me in rented basemant.

For stupid headphones i will need to buy again , dacs
amplifiers
and tons of gear and i already , sold my headphones long time ago.
When i didn't have space, i didn't look at any speaker because i know it will be bad idea... If you got a extremely small basement you have to know that space is not for Hifi gear..

Just look how everyone set his speakers, no body set his speaker like that... it just kill the HiFI o_O

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Im no expert, but I reckon the best bet for a room/ setup like that might be something like the Naim Muso 2. Expensive but fits the bill. Its available in your country too.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i have these equipment is worse please advice?
Please advice,
If you actually would have listened and followed the advice, you wouldn’t be in this situation right now..

So, I’ll try again anyway.. let’s see here: you have a desk with speaker on either side staring right to the front, and you sit right in the middle of the desk...

I would actually go and make it smaller, not bigger. Put the speakers quite close to your screen on either side. Toe them in slightly, but not too much. Keep them about 5cm away from the back wall. Then do the Dirac again. Post some screenshots of the measurements. In fact every time you change positions, you’ll need to redo it.

These are fantastic speakers. You wil be hard pressed to find objectively better speakers at any price.

Also: try to describe what you think is not good sounding?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

When i didn't have space, i didn't look at any speaker because i know it will be bad idea... If you got a extremely small basement you have to know that space is not for Hifi gear..

Just look how everyone set his speakers, no body set his speaker like that... it just kill the HiFI o_O
i was thinking with the amp and speakers i will have high end sound stage.
i will listen and upgrade the speakers let me upgrade you dont know with what yet.
Im no expert, but I reckon the best bet for a room/ setup like that might be something like the Naim Muso 2. Expensive but fits the bill. Its available in your country too.

Hello, i sold naim muso 2
last week i think,
for 50% off cash money. so brand new 50% off.
Sounded a lot a lot better than kef r3 with jvc or nad m33 , and may be even my future speakers.
If you actually would have listened and followed the advice, you wouldn’t be in this situation right now..

So, I’ll try again anyway.. let’s see here: you have a desk with speaker on either side staring right to the front, and you sit right in the middle of the desk...

I would actually go and make it smaller, not bigger. Put the speakers quite close to your screen on either side. Toe them in slightly, but not too much. Keep them about 5cm away from the back wall. Then do the Dirac again. Post some screenshots of the measurements. In fact every time you change positions, you’ll need to redo it.

These are fantastic speakers. You wil be hard pressed to find objectively better speakers at any price.

Also: try to describe what you think is not good sounding?

My desk is extremely LIMITED
to summarize it, i dont have tons of space nad m33 consumes a lot of space etcs... i even removed my laptop in order to free space.
Yes i sit in the middle , meet in the middle i also made dirac calibration for my setu p

kef r3 is lacking quality,
i cant put speakers very close together since in the middle i have lcd screen which is more expensive than speakers and it can be broken due to the vibration and etcs.. i will not risk that.

How much more quality i will get if i get kef reference 1 meta and focal utopia diablo or focal sopra 1 and kanta 1 , i need %%%% numbers? or any other ultra popular speaker from bowers and wilkinsons or something else
i need at least 50% better sounding speaker/more quality.
is it even possible or whats the maximum?

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
i was thinking with the amp and speakers i will have high end sound stage.
Soundstage depend a lot of the room.
How much more quality i will get if i get kef reference 1 meta and focal utopia diablo or focal sopra 1 and kanta 1 , i need %%%% numbers? or any other ultra popular speaker from bowers and wilkinsons or something else
i need at least 50% better sounding speaker/more quality.
is it even possible or whats the maximum?
With that space? you never learn humm.
0.00001% in the best case, a cheap $199 speakers in a proper room will destroy everything you got. The solution is not buy expensier speaker, you room/setup lack quality not the speakers itself.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
i cant put speakers very close together since in the middle i have lcd screen which is more expensive than speakers and it can be broken due to the vibration and etcs.. i will not risk that.
Nonsense. Your screen will not break from a bit of sound.
How much more quality i will get if i get kef reference 1 meta and focal utopia diablo or focal sopra 1 and kanta 1 , i need %%%% numbers?
0%

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You can find a vintage Lee West stereo chair on various sites such as eBay:

View attachment 234050
Or a modern version:
View attachment 234051
I bought before few years
HERMAN miller chair
and i am very happy from it i dont plan to go back, whats that non sense?
why i will need such a chair ?

My speakers with and without dirac in front of me both - ways terrible.
, may be kef have bad quality control in china, and due to lack of stands quality dropped even more.

So what must be my next speakers should i trust once again to KEF or go with focal or other brand?
i am really not happy from quality of kef at least from r3 i am not talking about sub i have sub,

the sound speakers produce is not quality enough when i compared to my mark levinson or utopia from focal at my 2nd car.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I bought before few years
HERMAN miller chair
and i am very happy from it i dont plan to go back, whats that non sense?
why i will need such a chair ?

My speakers with and without dirac in front of me both - ways terrible.
, may be kef have bad quality control in china, and due to lack of stands quality dropped even more.

So what must be my next speakers should i trust once again to KEF or go with focal or other brand?
i am really not happy from quality of kef at least from r3 i am not talking about sub i have sub,

the sound speakers produce is not quality enough when i compared to my mark levinson or utopia from focal at my 2nd car.
Well I guess the KEF R3 is not happy with your room quality..

Midnight Audiophile

Soundstage depend a lot of the room.
...a cheap $199 speakers in a proper room will destroy everything you got. The solution is not buy expensier speaker, you room/setup lack quality not the speakers itself.
True that.

I've got a 2.2 coffee table near-field system (42" x 42" x 42" triangle) that cost all of $1000. With a slimline 8" sub coupled beneath my leather couch it will shake your teeth.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 12.25.52 PM.png

I have a couple of room modes I've mitigated somewhat with EQ, but for a small space in my den it rocks without disturbing the rest of the house unless I push it to over say 92dB.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
But, sure you can buy the focals 10,000$..

But everyone knows that you don't want to buy these because you perfectly knows that you CANNOT have speakers, even you knows that. But you brain are convincing youself that the R3 is the problem just to buy a new thing, that are going to sound bad anyway in that space.

Speakers needs space, and you don't have it. That's the end.

Buy extremely small speakers, but it's just a nonsense, in that space/setupeverything are going to sound really bad.

If you got the lucky from the Muon, and it sound good in your space, that your limit.

Just buy the focals, but don't make new threads about how terrible these sound in your No-Hifi space..

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Well I guess the KEF R3 is not happy with your room quality..
I will try to sale them,
i didnt expect they to be that much worse compared to naim but yes they are.
may be i should trust bowers and wilkinsons 800-700 series something quality enough.

the only difference between naim muso 2 vs kef r3 is night and day in favour of NAIM. Naim is amazing class d and 6 speakers , all songs i listened sounded much better compared to my kef r3. with or without dirac and naim was missing dirac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom