• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to make music in my small basement same as mark levinson in my car , and whats the next upgrade step after kef r3? bookshelves.

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am beginning to wonder if the M33 is even fully burned in as yet. I think that requires at least 60 hours…

poxymoron

So, the problems with the system:
Has anybody thought of the cables? Can somebody please think about the cables. Perhaps some top of the range Audioquests?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How do I unsubscribe to this mess? I keep getting alerts via email... ah-ha! Unwatch. Done!
People, it always takes two, just don't reply to such threads and such posters will get bored and look for new playgrounds.
Also when too many new threads about the same topic are opened use the report button and our moderators @AdamG247 and @BDWoody will take good care of them.

Streamc

am i bot or something,

is it 20cm from the wall enough for my speakers kef r3,
i cant move them more further?

I will listen to your advice and i will wait for nad m33 , i will limit listening to kef r3 with jvc in order not to destroy them ,like several of you already informed me.
I have 60cm. I think 20cm would add extra bass. I've tried this.

Streamc

If you are real person send photo of your JVC and R3 in one picture here.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I am beginning to wonder if the M33 is even fully burned in as yet. I think that requires at least 60 hours…
Smells like burned stuff to me still,

is this normal ?
what will happen after 60 hours?
If you are real person send photo of your JVC and R3 in one picture here.

you can see jvc and video in my topics somewhere + pictures i already posted.
So, the problems with the system:
Has anybody thought of the cables? Can somebody please think about the cables. Perhaps some top of the range Audioquests?

i use different cables, i also have audio quests not a problem with the cables..
i also use apple airplay so in order cables to be eliminated...
i also tried different sources ... and cables..
so what i should get.

can you tell me from all these speakers which is the best , you know them all..
I am currently considering Focal kanta 1,sopra 1, diablo utopia,
bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4,
kef reference 1 meta, which one do you like the most.

poxymoron

Smells like burned stuff to me still,

is this normal ?
what will happen after 60 hours?

you can see jvc and video in my topics somewhere + pictures i already posted.

i use different cables, i also have audio quests not a problem with the cables..
i also use apple airplay so in order cables to be eliminated...
i also tried different sources ... and cables..
so what i should get.

can you tell me from all these speakers which is the best , you know them all..
I am currently considering Focal kanta 1,sopra 1, diablo utopia,
bowers and wilkinsons 805 d4,
kef reference 1 meta, which one do you like the most.
I'm of no help unfortunately, but congratulations, one month after joining ASR and you're already a Senior Member.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I'm of no help unfortunately, but congratulations, one month after joining ASR and you're already a Senior Member.
The badges are automatically generated based on post count. And not always reflected of value of said contributions to the Community at large. But it does say something about how prolific a poster you are. I chose to see this as a positive statement about how helpful our community is. Under more than trying circumstances you guys keep trying and trying to just help a new member out. Something to celebrate. ;)

YSC

Major Contributor
The badges are automatically generated based on post count. And not always reflected of value of said contributions to the Community at large. But it does say something about how prolific a poster you are. I chose to see this as a positive statement about how helpful our community is. Under more than trying circumstances you guys keep trying and trying to just help a new member out. Something to celebrate. ;)
that's something any budget (ok, I am below that, a poor...) music lover knowing how great things can be ruined by placement and the hope for others to not wasting money is kind of instinctive.

fun thing is the OP states about a tiny room, I think my room in Hong Kong is even smaller, but IMO the positioning inside to minimize the number of nulls together and proper toe in helps a lot with good speakers

poxymoron

My tongue was firmly in my cheek.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
The badges are automatically generated based on post count. And not always reflected of value of said contributions to the Community at large. But it does say something about how prolific a poster you are.

So it’s a reward for shit posting?, makes perfect sense given some of the senior members inane nonsense

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
For Gawds sake, even Kal Rubinson is in the room.
Look op, if you must replace the "actually perfect" Kef,s. Any Spendor Classic will be perfect. Ideally the 200 or my 100. Probably a bit difficult to get those on your desk, so any of the smaller ones.
Don't thank me, I'll do it myself. :rolleyes:

YSC

Major Contributor
For Gawds sake, even Kal Rubinson is in the room.
Look op, if you must replace the "actually perfect" Kef,s. Any Spendor Classic will be perfect. Ideally the 200 or my 100. Probably a bit difficult to get those on your desk, so any of the smaller ones.
Don't thank me, I'll do it myself. :rolleyes:
he's actually here?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Lets make the best informative new speaker purchase toghether and i will provide Mark levinson video demo ?
Kef vs focal vs bower and wilkinsons?

from kef reference 1 meta, Focal diablo evo utopia, or sopra 1,kanta 1. Vs bower and wiljinsons 805 d4?

Elitzur–Vaidman

Fix your R3 setup before buying any new speakers. No speakers will sound good with your current listening configuration.

AdamG

Forum Donor
So it’s a reward for shit posting?, makes perfect sense given some of the senior members inane nonsense
Yes and no. Normally shit posting is ignored and the thread dies of its own boredom. But in this case, the opposite has happened. He didn’t achieve this status typing replies to himself. That would be cause for a Warning and thread deletion. We have little control over what our members choose to decide is interesting and participate in.

I did drop hints. 6 pages ago I think…..

B2952594-2F9B-42C6-A909-2C46E788034E.gif

AdamG

Forum Donor
Thread Closed. OP given a 2 week time out. To take the time to read and learn/absorb the information and answers he has been given at least several dozen times in this thread. Good grief this is painful to watch. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom