• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to integrate Sub with Adam A7x

SlowCar

Hello

Currently my setup consists of Topping DX3Pro connected to Adam A7x (rca, unbalanced).
After moving to bigger room I would like to integrate sub, because in new room they are a little bit bass shy. I am not bass head by any means so I would like to have appropriate amount of bass.
I am considering SVS SB1000 pro or Adam T10S - I would like to connect them direct to Topping using rca. From Sub rca out to Adam A7x. I am wondering if such configuration will be enough? Will this do fine without additional DSP? I know that SVS subs have some DSP built in application but i am not aware if this will be enough? Have somebody experience with such setup?

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Hello,
Download the manual of the sub and read what is write.
The methods for align a sub is near the cooking than the engeneering.

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

I have looked to SVS SB1000 pro manual - unfortunately there is no example of usingsub rca outputs to pass signal to active speakers...
Additionaly in manual there is no answers for questions like - will using volume control on DX3Pro be possible? Or I will have to align sub volume separetely (i can't imagine doing that each time i want to change volume).

So i am seeking for other people experience who using svs subs with active speakers.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello

Currently my setup consists of Topping DX3Pro connected to Adam A7x (rca, unbalanced).
After moving to bigger room I would like to integrate sub, because in new room they are a little bit bass shy. I am not bass head by any means so I would like to have appropriate amount of bass.
I am considering SVS SB1000 pro or Adam T10S - I would like to connect them direct to Topping using rca. From Sub rca out to Adam A7x. I am wondering if such configuration will be enough? Will this do fine without additional DSP? I know that SVS subs have some DSP built in application but i am not aware if this will be enough? Have somebody experience with such setup?
It looks like you could split the signal between your rca L/R outputs on the Topping to the SVS sub and the Adam speakers, then use the low pass filter/eq on the sub to "blend" with your speakers....looks like you can also just use L/R outputs on the topping to the sub's L/R inputs then use the rca outputs to your speakers. Either way the Topping should control volume. I don't see a high pass option for the speakers tho.

Looks like the Adam sub is more friendly and can provide a crossover for speakers.....connect the Topping to the Adam's inputs then use the outputs and crossover controls for the speakers....

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

It looks like you could split the signal between your rca L/R outputs on the Topping to the SVS sub and the Adam speakers, then use the low pass filter/eq on the sub to "blend" with your speakers....looks like you can also just use L/R outputs on the topping to the sub's L/R inputs then use the rca outputs to your speakers. Either way the Topping should control volume. I don't see a high pass option for the speakers tho.

Looks like the Adam sub is more friendly and can provide a crossover for speakers.....connect the Topping to the Adam's inputs then use the outputs and crossover controls for the speakers....
Is there possibility that second option would give me high passed signal from svs sub to monitors?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there possibility that second option would give me high passed signal from svs sub to monitors?
That's what a crossover does, sends a low pass signal to the sub and a high pass signal to the speakers....note that many subs even if labeled "crossover" only have a low pass filter (the SVS in this case, whereas the Adam sub has two crossover points to choose from, 80 and 120). The SVS I think is the better sub in terms of performance, tho.

OP
SlowCar

SlowCar

I have contacted with SVS support (which works pretty quickly) and the answer is that rca outputs are full range signal.

vlad335

Forum Donor
Hello

I have a pair of A5X i use as computer monitors and first bought a Sb-1000 sub ( not the pro model) Sounds really good but not great IMO. Bass was a little underwhelming but personally I like to feel it in my chest. I have an ADI-2 DAC and wanted to use XLR cables through out plus beef up the bass so bought a dedicated studio monitor sub. I wanted one that would have a sub out to feed the SVS as well as high pass and I didn't want to spend a ton of money.
Found a used Presonus Trembler T10 at the guitar center site for $199 and figured i would give it a try. GC has a very liberal return policy and I could just take it to my local store to return. IT WILL NOT BE RETURNED. With the all XLR set-up my computer system is dead quiet and the high passed A5X's sound amazing. i bought a XLR to RCA Y cable to feed the SVS from the sub out on the Presonus and this is sublime. both subs are under my desk firing into my knees and rattling my guts and i love it. Not a hint of distortion from the monitors and subs and completely quiet! Don't think i have ever been this happy with an audio purchase ever
I have contacted with SVS support (which works pretty quickly) and the answer is that rca outputs are full range signal.
Not on the SVS SB1000 NON PRO. It has a 80hz high pass. i believe its the only SVS sub that does this and for the life of me IDK why they do not do this with all their models.

Hörzone

Dealer
First delivery of the Adam A4V just arrived. Hearing impression I have not yet, let's see if I come to this today at all
a few pictures with other models to make a size comparison I have also made
Now available from stock, the 7s is still to come

Attachments

• IMG_4611.JPG
    IMG_4611.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4610.JPG
    IMG_4610.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4613.JPG
    IMG_4613.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4614.JPG
    IMG_4614.JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4615.JPG
    IMG_4615.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 187

Scielienta

First delivery of the Adam A4V just arrived. Hearing impression I have not yet, let's see if I come to this today at all
a few pictures with other models to make a size comparison I have also made
Now available from stock, the 7s is still to come

Could you share your first impressions sound, build etc. Thank you

Top Bottom