• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to improve my setup? Elac DBR62 + Pioneer A-505R + Topping d10s DAC + Wiim Mini streamer

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
The most you will get when you start using isolated interconnects and power cables with isolated power outlets with filter (like Supra)

Streamer must be connected to an LPS, clean signal is the basis. If not there, you start searching ways to modify the crippled signal by the power signal noise.

Get rid of EF and EMF around all equipment and cables. This way only you will see the real potential of your equipment. Get an EMF tester for 100 bucks!

I got the most audible differences with LPS, isolated cables, disabling WIFI. Even your audio cripled mates will get shocked when they hear after you finish your job with DIY cables.

DIY your cables carefully wherever it goes insane on Budget. Its not difficult.

High End is based on clean signal.
Start experiencing by using the LPS on Streamer first.

Uhhhhhhh....yeah....no.

JRS

Major Contributor
Uhhhhhhh....yeah....no.
Agreed. IMO op should get baseline impressions and msmts first from properly positioned speakers. Best approach is to implement changes based on propable impact of changes and at no or minimal cost.

Jungstar

A bit late to the Party.... but

As others said, move speakers out...

1. I am not clear how you use the streamer, the output is not great. You should use a DAC that can take the optical out of the Wiim Mini or use your PC into the D10s. The output to speakers from Wiim Mini is really no-go.
2. If you use the PC, you can consider getting a USB cable that divides in two, so you can get better power delivery to your DAC. Or just upgrade to a E30 and with separate power and USB and coaxial.
3. If you do decide to keep the D10S there are opamps that are changeable. Maybe another opamp sounds better.
4. Measure your room and do changes in the software on your PC. It is also a lot of fun and maybe move around your furniture.
5. I think a Sub and a crossover, where you remove the below 80hz, would not only give you better bass, but also really improve your midrange...

Top Bottom